G&T coordinator advice

(4 Posts)
Henny1712 Fri 20-Sep-13 18:17:26

I am a G&T coordinator and would love any suggestions for workshops and activities for primary aged G&T children. I'm lucky to be in an outstanding school but feel
I could be doing more. We already have lots of educational visits out of school I am seeking advice with in school activities. Colleagues are not as keen to focus on g&t children even though it's a priority for ofsted. I need to motivate colleagues and am not scared of putting in the extra hours for organising all of this. Any help would be greatly appreciated! smile

partystress Sat 21-Sep-13 16:11:53

At my DC's school, G&T literacy take responsibility for the school newspaper. Talented artists and photographers could get involved too. At my school, we enter maths whizzes for Primary Maths challenge and maths Olympiad type activities. Have heard of other schools using G&T children to run lunchtime 'clinics' for children lower down the school - helping with homework, running book groups etc.

exexpat Sat 21-Sep-13 16:21:53

Book groups for keen readers - if they write reviews and you send them to publishers or put them online, there is a strong chance you'll be able to wangle some free books to review in future. Do you live in the kind of place where you could go to author events?

School magazine would be a good idea too, though nice if you could let the G&T group design & run it, but invite contributions from the whole school. DD's school 'challenge club' (ie G&T group) produced a booklet of puzzles they had created to sell at the school fair.

Henny1712 Mon 23-Sep-13 18:30:18

Thanks for your suggestions. I really like the book review idea! smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now