Sending flowers to a teacher at school

(10 Posts)
chicaguapa Fri 20-Sep-13 16:05:47

Actually it’s DH, but it’s his birthday next week and he has asked if I can make a fuss of him because he’s feeling old.

So I thought about sending him some flowers to him at school, but I wondered if this is ok. Would they be delivered to his classroom, would the students take the piss, is it too much of a crossover between school and being a real person?

paperclipsarebetterthanstaples Fri 20-Sep-13 16:13:15

Could you ordering of those 'walking' balloons in a box instead?? Probably a bit less piss take connotations with that?
What does he like? Could he be expecting something more like a night away type of fuss??

chicaguapa Fri 20-Sep-13 16:27:29

I don't mind sending flowers, he'd like to get them and he'd cope with the piss taking from the fact that they're flowers. It was just the idea of sending something to him that would arrive when he was teaching really.

DramaQueenofHighCs Fri 20-Sep-13 16:30:09

TBH if it's anything like the school I work at he'll be far more likely to have the piss taken out of him by other staff! (gently of course and only in fun.)
Things like that are usually delivered to either the staff room or to the classroom between lessons IME.

I think if you think he'll appreciate it then it's a lovely idea.

clr2014 Fri 20-Sep-13 16:39:55

What about a sugarpoke? A nice treat to have with his breaktime coffee?

BackforGood Fri 20-Sep-13 16:45:40

On the very rare occasion anything like that's been delivered in any schools I've worked in, they'd either go into the staff room, or taken to where the staff member was at dinnertime if they didn't usually make it to the staffroom, or left in the office for the person to collect at the end of the day.
They wouldn't interrupt teaching time, nor risk embarrassing the staff member in front of the pupils.

chicaguapa Fri 20-Sep-13 16:48:28

Oh he's used to it from the other staff. grin

The sugarpoke looks like a good idea. I was thinking about getting some donuts or a cake delivered instead that he could share with the other teachers in the department, so this could work.

Thanks.

hellymelly Fri 20-Sep-13 16:56:34

cakeadoodledo send boxes of fairy cakes in all sorts of desings and colours, then he could share in the staff room.

chicaguapa Fri 20-Sep-13 17:25:44

Lovely ideas! I think I might do a DIY version. I can pop to Waitrose before work and buy a selection of cupcakes and leave them in reception for him. I can wrap the box with some ribbon and write a message on it. Might even not say who they're from. wink

HedgeHogGroup Fri 20-Sep-13 18:51:30

We get all sorts delivered to our school for the staff & always take things up to teachers in their classrooms.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now