Any other saddos looking forward to going back?!

(18 Posts)
PatTheHammer Mon 12-Aug-13 19:41:31

No, dreading it in fact.
That could be something to do with the 2 loads of controlled assessments and SOW that I had to write, which was supposed to have all been finished in the first part of the hold.
Oh well, off on holiday on Thursday so ill deal with it in the final week. Been having far too much fun with my own kids, I feel they deserve it as mummy has been a right miserable cow since Christmas due to work issues.

Decreased my hours by 10% this year to see if that makes a difference, so I am looking forward to Monday mornings off!

Euphemia Mon 12-Aug-13 19:32:38

Back today, Inservice day. Head spinning! Aaarrrggghhh!

Ah well, only eight weeks til the next holidays ... smile

Whogivesashit Mon 12-Aug-13 18:32:23

No! No! and NO!

Ssshhh! Yes I am but can't admit that in rl.
I can never sleep the night before term starts in August. Always too excited. I am delighted this year as have a great class coming to me.
We are going to have lots of fun!

chocolateshoes Mon 12-Aug-13 17:53:16

no way am I looking forward to going back. Much as I love my job, I love my holidays more!

SummerHoliDidi Mon 12-Aug-13 17:45:14

I'm not looking forward to going back, I like my holidays!

I might have had enough of dd2 by then though, she's 3 and is going through a very whiney, whingey stage atm and it's driving me batty, I'll be glad when I can just let the cm deal with it.

orangeandemons Mon 12-Aug-13 17:41:30

I'm not looking forward to going backhmm I don't know anyone who is

Judyandherdreamofhorses Mon 12-Aug-13 17:39:20

I haven't got very far with my thinking, but the box is going to have some lovely fabric, either to be a tablecloth (depending on the group!) or to cover up the intro activity each time for a big 'reveal'.

Also rules/ code of conduct posters for each group, laminated and put up each time.

I'll add more when I think of some ideas!

SuffolkNWhat Mon 12-Aug-13 17:32:08

Weirdly yes! Ofsted came in the last week so that's all done and we want to know our grading (Ofsted rules mean we have to wait until Sept) and then 6 weeks (hopefully) of lessons until I start maternity leave!

RegainingUnconsciousness Mon 12-Aug-13 16:24:37

I've got a colleague who is nomadic next year who might benefit from a classroom in a box. He's secondary though.

We were last inspected October 2010, so due. And several other local schools were done in July. (The vultures have been circling).

I'd like it to happen sooner rather than later, I've got great plans to keep up with marking but I know it'll all be out of hand by half term!

katydidit Mon 12-Aug-13 14:37:37

Loving the 'classroom in a box' idea.
Can we share some ideas? I would make one for phonics, fine motor skills and high frequency words for intervention groups.
Mine would have a feely box, a list of the HFWs, scissors, playdough, sand, sequins, string, paper and glue, some word searches and crosswords, not sure what else at the moment.

GetStuffezd Mon 12-Aug-13 10:54:14

Sounds fab, Judy! We've just had a mini classroom made out of a spare cloakroom for our year 6 statemented kids' interventions, etc. It's all ready to be decorated and I know the TA is so excited about making it "her own." I reckon "classrooms in a box" have massive potential to be brilliant learning environments.

Regaining we got a letter from Ofsted saying we wouldn't be done until Summer '14 at the earliest, but we've had a group of malcontent parents and an ex member of staff cause massive trouble for us this year, making unfounded complaints to the LA etc. so I have a feeling we might be inspected sooner. sad

Judyandherdreamofhorses Mon 12-Aug-13 08:11:07

I haven't got a classroom! I'm going to be teaching small groups, so will have a bit of corridor I think! Hoping to make an 'instant classroom in a box' (patent not pending) so I can set myself up anywhere and still feel at home.

RegainingUnconsciousness Mon 12-Aug-13 08:03:40

(I already sorted out my classroom during yr11 gain time!)

RegainingUnconsciousness Mon 12-Aug-13 08:02:39

I've got so much work I want to so before we go back! If I get it all done, I'm imagining a wonderfully relaxed autumn term, not the horror of no sleep yet 24 night (that's what it feels like).

But, we are likely to have ofsted in (sooner the better) but at least there's a) no January exams and b) no new courses!

GetStuffezd Mon 12-Aug-13 07:54:55

Oh that's always twice as exciting, starting a new job.
Will you have a chance to sort your room out before term begins?

Judyandherdreamofhorses Mon 12-Aug-13 07:38:32

I am, but it's a new job for me after 4 years of babies and SAHMing. Very excited! I love the autumn term too. I'm bit going in until the first week of sept though, as no childcare.

GetStuffezd Mon 12-Aug-13 07:32:00

I want to get my classroom looking perfect! I want to get some planning done (cannot find motivation to do it at home!)
Plus schools minus the kids are such lovely places..........

Please tell me it's not just me?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now