SEN books

(6 Posts)
katydid02 Mon 12-Aug-13 07:30:57

I'm about to start a 3rd level module on SEN and inclusion as part of my BSc. Can anybody recommend any good books please? I will get a £200 grant for study costs so want to use some of it on books that will help with assignments etc.
Thanks.

Eyesunderarock Mon 12-Aug-13 07:35:53

You should get a recommended reading list, but as a teacher and a parent, this is a fantastic book.
www.amazon.co.uk/The-Complete-Guide-Aspergers-Syndrome/dp/1843106698/ref=tmm_pap_title_0?ie=UTF8&qid=1376289153&sr=1-1

You could post in the SN Children's forum if you want to broaden your list.

katydidit Mon 12-Aug-13 14:32:14

Thanks, I'll post there. We get told two set books to buy but we don't get a reading list.
I'm studying with the OU and all through my last module they told us that we didn't need to read outside of the course materials but then the feedback on my final essay said that I needed to read more widely outside of the course materials confused

fasparent Thu 22-Aug-13 01:45:40

You can down load For free Lots of Information and books also E Learning
at www.fasaware.co.uk . FASD and FAS is an umbrella term, children with this this may have singular or multiple problems. i.e. ADHD , autism, ARND, Asperger's, SID.s, etc., etc.

fasparent Thu 22-Aug-13 11:36:48

There are 16 SEN training modules available at www.education.gov.uk/complexneeds. FASD is one of these

sparklingstars Thu 22-Aug-13 12:26:29

Thanks, I will check that out.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now