Residential Thank You

(6 Posts)
Mam23 Thu 11-Jul-13 16:28:56

D's is going on her first School residential. I wanted to get something for the staff to say thank you. Is a card and chocolates ok? Or are there any better ideas?

toomuchicecream Thu 11-Jul-13 17:55:51

Absolutely fine - but why not hand them over at drop off (wine, cake etc equally acceptable) so staff can enjoy them in the evenings while they're away.

englishteacher78 Thu 11-Jul-13 18:04:42

I've done several residentials. Never underestimate the sincere verbal thank you - it means a lot.
That said, chocolate or cake for when the students are finally asleep always goes down well.grin

Mam23 Thu 11-Jul-13 20:50:13

Thanks. I'll do that

melonribena Sat 13-Jul-13 09:43:24

As someone who has done many residentials and received very few thank yous, I agree that a sincere verbal thank you will be gratefully received. A card and chocolates would also go down very well I'm sure!

MadeOfStarDust Sat 13-Jul-13 09:50:06

Ours came home yesterday - I went and thanked the teachers who had given up their time to enable our kids have a blast away from home...

I was thanked profusely for thanking them... don't think anyone else bothered.... I find that sad...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now