Can anybody give me a link to the new history curriculum for KS2?

(10 Posts)

Just that, really. I know that they have just revised it, so that my hard work on the Norman Conquest for year 4 is now wasted, but is there a new program of study, so that I can start planning for next September again? Got Monday afternoon for planning.

The new curriculum does not start until Sept 2014, so no need to panic ... yet!

media.education.gov.uk/assets/files/pdf/n/national%20curriculum%20consultation%20-%20framework%20document.pdf

I do need to .... because we are changing our year groups from straight to mixed and none of us will be able to do our old topics again, so we thought we might as well try out some of the new ones. We had already planned to do the Norman Conquest in year 4/5, when I heard on Radio 4 (so it must be true) that it had all changed again ...

RustyBear Thu 11-Jul-13 20:48:26

Final framework document History starts on p 204.

KS2 mainly pre-1066, but there is a requirement for "a study of an aspect or theme in British history that extends pupils’ chronological knowledge beyond 1066" as well as a local history study.

And thank you for the link, but I think that it might still be the old one, where history ends at KS2 with the Glorious Revolution.

RustyBear Thu 11-Jul-13 20:56:33

My link is definitely the final one.

RustyBear Thu 11-Jul-13 20:58:21

Well, unless Gove changes his mind again, that is...

Just seen new one, Rusty: looks quite good. hmm

What I mean is, I am amazed it looks so good.

Apologies - I linked to the draft version. Rusty's link is correct.

I've since come across a summary version here too, which may be of interest.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now