Any supply teachers out there lined up work for September?

(4 Posts)
storynanny Wed 03-Jul-13 19:46:22

. . not booked yet for September, but if I remember correctly from last year it started to come in fairly near the beginning of term.

storynanny Wed 03-Jul-13 19:45:08

I agree, like the pre booked best. Are you working through an agency or approaching schools directly? I wrote to all my local schools with a standard application form downloaded from the county website, referees and a covering letter and got into about 5 schools as a "regular" quite quickly. I find that once you have been somewhere a few times they tend to book you up for future dates. In fact as I'm about to leave for the day I always ask if they need me again and when.
I hate phone calls in the morning though.

GW297 Tue 02-Jul-13 23:36:35

I love day to day supply! It takes a while to get used to it, but now I feel confident both finding and going into new schools. I try to get as much pre booked as possible as I'm not keen on the 8am phone calls but I love walking out by 4pm at the latest and having the evening to myself. I only do about 3 days a week though. It's only tough at the beginning and then schools start requesting you so you know where you're going and what to expect.

SoTiredAgain Tue 02-Jul-13 22:41:04

I feel quite despondent because my long term supply is coming to an end and I have nothing lined up for September. The thought of day to day supply feels me with dread.

Anyone else in the same boat?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now