ZOMBIE THREAD ALERT: This thread hasn't been posted on for a while.

Working 0.4 contract, no ppa so far this academic year. What can I do?

(4 Posts)
willchooseanamelater Thu 27-Jun-13 16:27:19

Thanks for the replies. I'm hoping that they will agree to backdate it. Can't work out at the moment if it's a genuine oversight on their part or whether they just thought I wouldn't notice! My post was only for 1 year so need to get the ball rolling before I leave.
Wish me luck!

You most certainly should have been getting 10% PPA time! Or paid for it if it was nominally happening on another day. Talk to your Head ASAP and take Union advice.

Get what's owed :-)

noblegiraffe Tue 25-Jun-13 23:02:03

You can certainly ask for it and expect to get it. Whether they will backdate it I don't know. But I'd certainly get a union rep on the case.

willchooseanamelater Tue 25-Jun-13 20:36:13

Hi,

I've been working 2 days per week in a primary school since September. I'd started teaching again after a few years away from it so perhaps wasn't as 'on the ball' as I should have been, and didn't realise I'm entitled to PPA until I had a conversation with someone in a similar role a few weeks ago. This other person has had a 10% PPA allowance payed throughout the year instead of allocated PPA time. Can I ask for similar and ask for it to be backdated to last September? Would the school legally be able to refuse?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now