Is Nursey class so different to Reception

(7 Posts)
funnymummy2931 Mon 17-Jun-13 12:17:01

I have an interview tomorrow as a TA in pre-school nursery class which consists of an observation and video task?? and then interview.
I have always voluntered (1 day for last 7 years) in reception class and and my main worry is that I will not have enough experience for nursery. Although I am confident with EYFS in YR I worry it will be different for nursery.

Any advice would be great.

Ive just finished university doing a children workforce Hons.

ninah Mon 17-Jun-13 19:16:04

I teach a mixed N/R class. While N and R cover the same curriculum you will be looking at learning objectives inspired by the 30-50 months statements, in general. And - again in general - N children have shorter attention span for sitting and listening than R - lots of active practical hands on learning from the off!

ninah Mon 17-Jun-13 19:16:32

Good luck by the way!

funnymummy2931 Mon 17-Jun-13 21:19:39

Thank you x

ninah Tue 18-Jun-13 23:19:52

So how did it go?

funnymummy2931 Thu 20-Jun-13 00:11:03

Hi, it all went well or so I thought.i wasn't offered the position but promised a call from the head with feedback, to which I never got the call!
Thank u so much for your messages xx

ninah Thu 20-Jun-13 18:59:41

I'd contact them to ask for it. Feedback can be really useful. School interviews are gruelling, so well done for getting it and getting through it! the more you do the more confident you get, good luck for the next one. If you are in a position to volunteer maybe you could try a different school to broaden your experience. Or TA supply work, same reason.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now