Be the Best

(16 Posts)

I'm in. I've read Pat Barker - it's all just about shagging people and writing a few poems, isn't it?

What a great idea.

We'd only need to count to 4. The only adjective we'd need is "orrible". Lots of PE and history, plenty of geography. Bit of RE. No need for MFL as we'd just shout or shoot.

Sounds good to me!

driftwoodsands Thu 13-Jun-13 19:30:45

Oh me too! One of the parents said I'd be good in the army yesterday! blush I'm a dab hand at random face painting, so count me in.

Yep, me! Is that the job the advertise with lots of ski-ing and fit chaps in uniform. I can glare at 10 year olds- I'd definitely be in.

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 11-Jun-13 20:19:46

grin

fengirl1 Tue 11-Jun-13 19:52:59

I have been known to bark 'right you 'orrible lot, get in!' To my classes.....grin

I'll do it. Green's my colour...

AViewFromTheFridge Mon 10-Jun-13 23:18:10

Oh! Count me in! I watched my brother play Call of Duty once. Anyway, everyone knows all those army types need is a bit of nurturing and pastoral care.

ninah Mon 10-Jun-13 23:13:27

nice. Will I get to meet Prince Harry?

The holidays are freaking amazing, as is the maternity pay. These army types get it easy.

rosabud Mon 10-Jun-13 23:07:15

Oh I don't think you get holidays, as such, but you get to travel the world and once a year they post you to a nightclub in Cyprus.

ninah Mon 10-Jun-13 22:47:27

what are the holidays like?

Ooh. I'm in. I look good in green, I love assault courses and I can nick dh's old boots. He's ex military and has read a few books so he'll manage my job no problem at all. Win win.

partystress Mon 10-Jun-13 20:39:02

grin I'm in. I do a good line in "By the riii-ight, hup 2-3-4!"

tethersend Mon 10-Jun-13 00:14:42

Yeah, I'm in.

I might go for peacekeeping- I broke up a fight once.

rosabud Mon 10-Jun-13 00:12:44

Well, I've been contemplating a new career for a while now and I've finally decided to go for it. I'm joining the army on an accelerated promotion track plan thing and hope to be a colonel within the year. I've no direct experience of shooting at people (though, come to think of it, I've often fantasised about it), running through deserts or barking orders at rows of terrified recruits (oh, wait....) but I've taught plenty of First Wolrd War poetry and supervised the egg and spoon race on Sports Day and, hey, how hard can it be?

Anyone care to join me??

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now