What is the worst "bad Teacher" thing you have ever done

(18 Posts)
IroningBoredDaily Wed 12-Jun-13 23:29:11

Love the Willy / Welly story!!

IroningBoredDaily Wed 12-Jun-13 23:27:58

I was trying so desperately hard to ensure that I said 'organism' when doing science with a yr 4 class, that of course the word 'orgasm' popped out!!

TA and I manage to fudge over it and the children didn't have a clue thank God!

I broke a 'show and tell' item this week :-(

Luckily it's new and replaceable at not much cost. The pupil as OK about it, but I was mortified.

AViewFromTheFridge Tue 11-Jun-13 21:25:10

Got the giggles when a boy with autism suddenly started shouting "YOU ARE FAT!" at the teacher. That went down well.

Actually, I get the giggles quite a lot.

Pantone363 Tue 11-Jun-13 10:03:21

His other teacher also forgot to tell the sub that we withdraw DS from religious assembly's (atheist).

He came out of school with an ash cross on his forehead waving a palm crucifix. His teacher was mortified (it was quite funny actually).

Pantone363 Tue 11-Jun-13 10:01:50

DSs teacher sent a letter out saying the class would all need "willies" instead of "wellies".

complexnumber Tue 11-Jun-13 09:52:00

I went behind a girl I thought was my daughter in the library yesterday and put my hands round her neck and made throttling noises.

Needless to say it wasn't my daughter.

I couldn't help but laugh, and said 'Oh good grief! I think I have done that before!'

The girl said 'Yes, you have.'

It appears that I have assaulted this girl in this manner earlier this year. Mortifying! Fortunately she does not have a phobia about people touching her neck, and thought it was really funny as well.

Imsosorryalan Fri 17-May-13 14:42:19

The first time I taught in reception, I gave them all a piece of paper titled 'what I did in the summer holidays'..
I thought they could write what they did!! I had pretty much most of the class in tears saying they couldn't do it... Not a great start to the year but they got over itwink

LadyDamerel Tue 14-May-13 20:12:52

I've just remembered the trip I went on when I was a student teacher. I rolled out of a club at 3am, got up to go into school for a 7am coach pickup and promptly slept for for the entire 2 and a half hour journey from Bristol to London, despite the racket of 45 Y6s.

My judgypants would be round my ears if a student I was mentoring did that now!

orangeandemons Tue 14-May-13 19:57:19

My colleague had to go to sleep in a cupboard during a free period after a heavy night out

LadyDamerel Tue 14-May-13 19:37:35

One of my colleagues had to go home at playtime after a staff night out because she was so hungover.

Our head was not happy!

orangeandemons Tue 14-May-13 19:35:18

Fallen asleep during invigilation

Loshad Sun 12-May-13 13:34:14

after carrying 120 pieces of assessed work "miles" from main school to sixth form muttered a fuck under my breath as i put them down on the bench and caught my finger. A sixth former heard me blush

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 19:05:46

Xmas do

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 19:05:32

I know of a primary teacher who was so hungover after the staff cmas fo she had to have a bucket in her stock room just in case

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 19:04:35

Lol
When s1 was in year 1 the new teacher came out mortified. When shed wobbled him about thinking he was pretending to be asleep , he actually er.. Was.
She was so worried !!

mycatoscar Sat 11-May-13 17:32:56

Laughed at a child who fell over a chair when I made him leave he room. To be fair he was constantly doing things like that to gain attention and get laughs. Had to look out the window for a bit once is checked he was ok!

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 16:14:41

was laughing remembering when as anew teacher I put
"william had a big___" as a fill in the gaps sentence for a very weak group on the board.

as i wrote it out I was reading it, and i started helpless gufffawing. It was so bad i was weeping and couldnt turn around...

WHat have you done?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now