What is the worst "bad Teacher" thing you have ever done

(18 Posts)
Nehru Sat 11-May-13 16:14:41

was laughing remembering when as anew teacher I put
"william had a big___" as a fill in the gaps sentence for a very weak group on the board.

as i wrote it out I was reading it, and i started helpless gufffawing. It was so bad i was weeping and couldnt turn around...

WHat have you done?

mycatoscar Sat 11-May-13 17:32:56

Laughed at a child who fell over a chair when I made him leave he room. To be fair he was constantly doing things like that to gain attention and get laughs. Had to look out the window for a bit once is checked he was ok!

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 19:04:35

Lol
When s1 was in year 1 the new teacher came out mortified. When shed wobbled him about thinking he was pretending to be asleep , he actually er.. Was.
She was so worried !!

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 19:05:32

I know of a primary teacher who was so hungover after the staff cmas fo she had to have a bucket in her stock room just in case

Nehru Sat 11-May-13 19:05:46

Xmas do

Loshad Sun 12-May-13 13:34:14

after carrying 120 pieces of assessed work "miles" from main school to sixth form muttered a fuck under my breath as i put them down on the bench and caught my finger. A sixth former heard me blush

orangeandemons Tue 14-May-13 19:35:18

Fallen asleep during invigilation

LadyDamerel Tue 14-May-13 19:37:35

One of my colleagues had to go home at playtime after a staff night out because she was so hungover.

Our head was not happy!

orangeandemons Tue 14-May-13 19:57:19

My colleague had to go to sleep in a cupboard during a free period after a heavy night out

LadyDamerel Tue 14-May-13 20:12:52

I've just remembered the trip I went on when I was a student teacher. I rolled out of a club at 3am, got up to go into school for a 7am coach pickup and promptly slept for for the entire 2 and a half hour journey from Bristol to London, despite the racket of 45 Y6s.

My judgypants would be round my ears if a student I was mentoring did that now!

Imsosorryalan Fri 17-May-13 14:42:19

The first time I taught in reception, I gave them all a piece of paper titled 'what I did in the summer holidays'..
I thought they could write what they did!! I had pretty much most of the class in tears saying they couldn't do it... Not a great start to the year but they got over itwink

complexnumber Tue 11-Jun-13 09:52:00

I went behind a girl I thought was my daughter in the library yesterday and put my hands round her neck and made throttling noises.

Needless to say it wasn't my daughter.

I couldn't help but laugh, and said 'Oh good grief! I think I have done that before!'

The girl said 'Yes, you have.'

It appears that I have assaulted this girl in this manner earlier this year. Mortifying! Fortunately she does not have a phobia about people touching her neck, and thought it was really funny as well.

Pantone363 Tue 11-Jun-13 10:01:50

DSs teacher sent a letter out saying the class would all need "willies" instead of "wellies".

Pantone363 Tue 11-Jun-13 10:03:21

His other teacher also forgot to tell the sub that we withdraw DS from religious assembly's (atheist).

He came out of school with an ash cross on his forehead waving a palm crucifix. His teacher was mortified (it was quite funny actually).

AViewFromTheFridge Tue 11-Jun-13 21:25:10

Got the giggles when a boy with autism suddenly started shouting "YOU ARE FAT!" at the teacher. That went down well.

Actually, I get the giggles quite a lot.

I broke a 'show and tell' item this week :-(

Luckily it's new and replaceable at not much cost. The pupil as OK about it, but I was mortified.

IroningBoredDaily Wed 12-Jun-13 23:27:58

I was trying so desperately hard to ensure that I said 'organism' when doing science with a yr 4 class, that of course the word 'orgasm' popped out!!

TA and I manage to fudge over it and the children didn't have a clue thank God!

IroningBoredDaily Wed 12-Jun-13 23:29:11

Love the Willy / Welly story!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now