Supply teaching/maternity pay

(5 Posts)
StainlessSteelCat Wed 17-Apr-13 13:39:58

Hi, I've done three pregnancies while doing supply. MA every time. You claim through the Job Centre, you'll need your MAT1B form (from midwife any time from 12 to 20 weeks) and a letter from your agency saying they can't pay you SMP. All info is here.

If you have a contract then it depends how long you have been working on contract. Roughly, you need to have started before you were pregnant to qualify for SMP.

LIZS Sun 14-Apr-13 18:27:00

Are you pg , if so it depends how long you have had the same employer for and whether your earnings are above the threshold . MA sounds more likely.

Kt8791 Sun 14-Apr-13 18:23:37

I think you would be entitled to maternity allowance but I believe you have to contact the job centre to claim it. Not sure about maternity pay would depend if u have a contract and what it states.

Euphemia Sun 14-Apr-13 18:15:02

A friend of mine got it - you should contact your employer for a copy of the policy.

HoneySonny Fri 12-Apr-13 21:18:08

Hi I was made redundant from my teaching job last year & am now doing supply. Does anyone know if I'll be entitled to any sort of maternity pay?

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now