what do you wear?

(15 Posts)
MillyMoo1113 Mon 08-Apr-13 16:42:57

Black leggings and a long top or black trousers with a t shirt type top, flat shoes a must. I teach yr 1 at moment, so do need sometimes to sit on floor/crouch comfortably in areas of provision etc. always have cardi with me, as I can never guarantee temperature from one day to next. I have an apron for an messy work, and at times would consider protecting myself from a whiteboard pen!

dizzyhoneybee Sun 07-Apr-13 19:59:25

Yes, very comfy shoes are a must. I have some Hotter shoes, awful name but they are so comfy.

Level3at6months Sun 07-Apr-13 19:58:18

Oh, and it really depends on what age group you're working with as to how paint splattered you'll be. If you're FS, expect to be covered every day grin. Think about whether you'll be sitting down on the floor/on teeny tiny chairs too. Trousers are so much more practical.

Level3at6months Sun 07-Apr-13 19:55:21

Black trousers, flat shoes and a school polo shirt here. Love having the same top as the children, makes my life so much easier. We also have school issue coats for outdoor play.

deleted203 Sun 07-Apr-13 18:28:25

I'm secondary, but always wear suit trousers (£6 from George), some kind of tunic top and cardi. And very, very comfy shoes from Clarks, as I never sit down.

I'm sort of semi-formal. Smart, but would never wear a suit jacket.

dizzyhoneybee Sun 07-Apr-13 17:19:30

We aren't allowed to wear denim, flip flop style shoes, anything with logos or sleeveless tops.

If you are training though a university, mine has a dress code where you had you had to go smart so proper trousers etc /shirt for men.

Not allowed to wear t shirts (too informal) leggings or spaghetti straps here so mainly black trousers (usually cheap from supermarket) and tunic type tops with a cardigan as can never guarantee the temp in school. Never been covered but teacher KS2. When training I did nursery and did get a few paint splatters on clothing.

StuffezLaBouche Sun 07-Apr-13 15:34:24

Black or coloured jeans with boots and a t-shirt or simple top. In Summer I like cheap linen trousers and cheap slip-on shoes. (Seeing a theme here?)
If I know I've got parents' evening or similar I will probably swap the jeans for black trousers. We have a woodland area with a wonderful outdoor classroom/amphitheatre type thing that's in the process of being made. The Head likes us to take our lessons out there where possible, so just easier to wear something robust and inexpensive.

MissAnnersley Sun 07-Apr-13 15:28:48

Tailored trousers, shirts and cardigans.
Skirts and v neck tops.
Dresses - jersey cotton wrap style.

No leggings.

I teach mainly P.7 ( final year primary in Scotland) and rarely get messy and never sit on the floor.)

I can't wear heels anymore unfortunately.

juniper9 Sun 07-Apr-13 15:12:24

I wear tailored trousers from Next, H&M or Gap, and then general T-shirt type tops. Most of the time I wear 3/4 length scoop necks from Gap which I have in 16 different colours and then either a V-neck jumper or some sort of woolly thing. And I wear black Vans 'cos I is a rebel, innit.

I dress fairly informally to be honest. I think it's important to be comfortable as I do a lot of bending, kneeling and sitting on the floor etc. I don't wear hoodies or tops with pictures or slogans, but some of the staff do.

My school introduced a dress policy last year hmm and it did not go down well. Officially, we aren't allowed to wear skirts above the knee (although shorts are ok), open toed shoes or anything with spaghetti straps.

dizzyhoneybee Sun 07-Apr-13 09:16:32

cheap black trousers (we're not allowed to wear leggings) and a t-shirt with a waterfall cardigan in winter, same in summer except I wear linen trousers with a matching top and cardigan. Thank you to George from me as well.

pamplem0usse Sat 06-Apr-13 11:45:25

Hi!
About to re train after having two babies...
Am somewhat fatter post partum than O was before (!) and desperately need to invest in some new clothes but havent the money to get it disastrously wrong.....
Thanks!!

partystress Sat 06-Apr-13 11:24:51

Winter: long jumpers/cardies plus leggings and boots. Summer: cheap linen tops and trousers (thank you George grin). I tend to stick one of DH's old shirts over the top if we are doing messy stuff.

Are you returning to/starting work? Good luck - we are living in 'interesting times'....

pamplem0usse Sat 06-Apr-13 06:32:18

Shallow question here but female primary school teachers: what do you wear for school and how likely is it to get ruined by paint splattering etc...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now