Interview Monday - been 8 years since last job

(5 Posts)
captainbarnacle Fri 29-Mar-13 22:05:19

Thanks for your help. The only thing I was asked about was Assessment for Learning - and I knew all about that from previous life!

I was offered the job smile

Hesterton Sat 23-Mar-13 09:50:04

Read the new ofsted framework - literacy across curriculum is a big one this year. Marking and feedback also - very high on the agenda.

captainbarnacle Fri 22-Mar-13 20:46:04

Have to teach Infant Baptism to yr9. It's not the lesson which fazes me so much - even though I haven't taught for so long. It's the interview - remembering what I used to teach, worrying that they will ask me about stuff I have never ever heard of. What are the Big Issues I should know about?

Knowsabitabouteducation Wed 20-Mar-13 18:09:26

What do you have to teach as your observed lesson?

captainbarnacle Wed 20-Mar-13 14:21:02

Been out of the classroom having 3 boys. Saw a job advertised, full time, teaching secondary school RE and citizenship. Applied, but put I wanted a job share and a paragraph in my personal statement about envisaging a part time role. 3 days later and I've been short listed. Am terrified! How can I prepare for this in 4 days? I even have to teach a lesson. Hoping it will all come back to me....

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now