Return to Teaching Course

(8 Posts)
TheWrathofNaan Tue 19-Mar-13 22:31:40

Anyone done one?

I've been out of schools for 12 years so I am presuming I would have to do one (it costs £750).

I keep flipping backwards and forwards about returning to teaching- some of our posts scare me!!!

Grockle Tue 19-Mar-13 22:37:48

Have you been in a school recently?

I think you need to be fairly sure about it before you commit.

TheWrathofNaan Tue 19-Mar-13 22:55:12

Hi Grockle

No i havent been in school recently.

Grockle Wed 20-Mar-13 08:17:22

Tbh, I think you'd be mad to do a course without going into school for a bit. Can you do voluntary work or help out some way? Or talk to teachers in different schools.

What did you teach?

If you are sure it's what you want to do then fair enough but while you are wavering, I'd see what you can find out & do without shelling out a lot of money.

Good luck.

SavoyCabbage Wed 20-Mar-13 08:30:51

I had been looking at these too but then I read somewhere that they don't exist anymore. I'm not in the uk so I am very out of he loop though.

Imsosorryalan Wed 20-Mar-13 19:11:38

The old RTT courses run by the TDA have been stopped due to lack of funding. ( I ran their helpine).
I think rather than spend this money on a course I would begin by volunteering and then asking if you can attend any of their inset training. Build up to taking groups and then see if they'll let you take a lesson!

TheWrathofNaan Wed 20-Mar-13 23:22:07

Course still going in kent but no longer funded.

Thanks for the advice.

mnistooaddictive Wed 20-Mar-13 23:30:46

If you are secondary maths you can do an ske+ course for free! details here www.cimt.plymouth.ac.uk/courses/ske/default.htm
I am doing it and it is free, also run by other universities

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now