Primary teaching, any jobs on the North East?

(6 Posts)
SavoyCabbage Wed 13-Mar-13 06:17:07

I am hoping to move to Newcastle in the next couple of months. I have been living in Australia for nearly five years and started doing some supply teaching last year when my youngest dd started school.

Have I a hope of getting a job?

Things will have changed a lot since I left. I am feeling quite overwhelmed with it all.

Level3at6months Fri 15-Mar-13 13:05:15

Look on Jobs North East. There are quite a lot of jobs listed today - I've just been looking myself, out of habit. There are lots of people after teaching jobs, though, so be prepared to put yourself out there and get some UK supply under your belt if you can. You're right, things have changed a lot in the past few years and you'll need to be up to speed if you're going to be in with a chance.

SavoyCabbage Sun 17-Mar-13 10:22:28

Thanks Level3, I hadn't heard of that website. I'm more than happy to do supply and I think it's a great way of getting back into it.

Not sure of sector1.net is still going but that used to be good for public sector jobs in the ne

StuffezLaBouche Mon 18-Mar-13 21:15:22

I work about ten miles south east of Newcastle and we will have two full time teaching vacancies for September. Not advertised yet, but when they are I can send you the link. Obviously I don't know you but we're a friendly little school and the head is willing to pay for more experienced staff.

mousebacon Tue 19-Mar-13 01:04:03

Look at www.newcastle.gov.uk/jobs for jobs in actual Newcastle. The other local authorities have similar sites too.

Good luck smile

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now