Come and be nice to me- slightly crap observation

(30 Posts)
Spottytin Tue 12-Mar-13 16:39:01

Yes, I've been in teaching long enough to know what's rubbish one year isn't the next, but actually it wasn't that great a lesson and the children found the task really hard.

So be it. But what gets my goat are the comments in the feedback... I've made huge progress with a very challenging class but no credit is given to the children for this, instead some 'low level disruption' was noted on one occasion. I have children in my class who do such things as pull knives on their family and threaten to kill them. I think the fact they spoke once to a friend is actually ok and no, it does not need to be challenged every time.

I shall drink some wine. But inside I am bloody seething.

Wolfiefan Wed 13-Mar-13 22:34:47

I know a lot of "wrecks"!

sashh Thu 14-Mar-13 05:55:31

I see your inspection and raise you mine.

16-19 year old learners, first class after the weekend.

I have never seen them behave worse. They talked, wandered around, and one took out a make up bag and applied her make up - ignored me telling her to put it away!

After break, when the inspector had gone, they came back, settled down, kept on task and generally were the perfect class.

kitchenidiots Fri 15-Mar-13 18:26:31

Teachers are so hard on themselves, and it's so easy to beat yourself up about these things. Take peace with the fact that for you to be so seething about this means that you are a teacher with a passion for success at your job and not someone who's just doing it to pay the bills. That's the sort of teacher children need - not someone who's good at ticking inspectors' boxes. It's hard, I know.

redandwhitesprinkles Thu 21-Mar-13 21:16:42

Rowlers- that is the reason I am seriously considering no longer being a teacher in September.

Rowlers Sat 23-Mar-13 17:19:16

I don't blame you - if I could find a suitable alternative or had the option of just packing it in and taking my time to find something else, I would.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now