random question - laminating pouches

(12 Posts)
Startail Mon 18-Mar-13 12:30:35

Paper not card and cut it smaller so you get bigger pouch only margins and pin only through the pouch or cut the corners off to give pouch only pinning room.

Colour photocopier not ink jet. Inkjet ink is useless it runs at the faintest hint of moisture.

How do you attach them?

Lilyloo Sat 09-Mar-13 21:55:07

Same here we don't bother outside anymore all ruined within a week.

MonaLotte Sat 09-Mar-13 21:51:14

You could put it in an upside down poly pocket with the bottom taped so the rain doesn't get in?

barebranches Sat 09-Mar-13 20:47:16

4 months would be amazing... mine aren't lasting 4 weeks....angry

spudmasher Sat 09-Mar-13 20:23:05

I've never solved that problem. They last about 4 months then need replacing.....which isn't bad I suppose.

Becp Sat 09-Mar-13 20:19:51

My laminator is a bit rubbish so I run things through it twice, seems to seal better than just the once.

blueemerald Sat 09-Mar-13 18:16:47

You may need a hotter laminator or thinner pouches (so they "melt" more and stick together). I worked in a special school where laminated stuff could cope with being chewed, yanked, dribbled on, scrunched up etc but we had to make sure the pouches really stuck together.

barebranches Sat 09-Mar-13 18:07:59

sellotape might be a good idea. Just wondered whether they're was such thing as outside laminating pouches!!!!
They probably not sealing properly my laminator isn't great.

Euphemia Sat 09-Mar-13 17:30:32

Laminated sheet inside a polypocket?

petalpower Sat 09-Mar-13 16:46:00

Are they not sealing properly? Extra layer of sellotape round the edge?

barebranches Sat 09-Mar-13 16:30:28

I put laminated signs in my reception outside area... but the rain always gets in and they are ruined.
Does anyone know any laminating pouches that will be good enough for outside?
Thanks!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now