There but for the grace of ...

(10 Posts)

Pity my DD's supply teacher today. Arrived late for the maths lesson. Class already bouncing off the walls. Rushes in carrying bag, books, large full coffee cup, etc. Puts down bag, turns around... trips over bag ... coffee cup goes flying ... all across the blue carpet.

Then she swore.

Shortly after that the teacher from next door came in to find out what was going on!

Poor thing :-(

Euphemia Fri 01-Mar-13 20:15:22

What the heck was she doing making coffee when she was late for a lesson? Poor thing my arse.

GW297 Sat 02-Mar-13 13:52:58

She's lucky she didn't hurt a child with her hot coffee. People like her give us supply teachers a bad name - they won't ask her back!

Good points both! Not a lot of maths was learned, that's for sure.

FelicityWasCold Sat 02-Mar-13 14:51:32

I've done supply- she/he sounds crap.

petalpower Sat 02-Mar-13 18:37:29

She shouldn't have had a hot drink in class when there were children in there.

Amphitrite Sat 02-Mar-13 23:05:14

I am supply at the moment. Being late for class is not always avoidable; you may have only just been given your assignment for the period. Hot drink outside the staffroom, very avoidable and downright dangerous.

Euphemia Sat 02-Mar-13 23:12:43

Any time I was late for a supply job it was owing to the council arsing me about; if I had stopped en route to make a cuppa the HT would have told me to sling my hook!

Amphitrite Sat 02-Mar-13 23:15:41

Exactly, Euphemia.

GW297 Sat 02-Mar-13 23:23:43

Agree! I always arrive thirsty and needing the loo when I get called at the last minute, but go straight to class and get on with it until breaktime.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now