Sixth form lessons- your experiences please

(27 Posts)
EvilTwins Sun 24-Feb-13 18:24:02

I am head of 6th form and want some fuel for getting SLT to have a look at the timetable. If you're secondary, how much time is given to 6th Form lessons per subject per week? Our lessons are 1hr long and 6th form class get 4 per week, which seems low to me.

TIA

EvilTwins Sat 02-Mar-13 22:54:17

I think a student voice survey would help- thanks. It does affect our results. Our deputy thinks that 4 hours per week is enough, though because we are a small 6th form with classes on average of 12-15 students. Puts me in a difficult position of wondering if the teaching is the issue... Some subjects do very well (Business Studies, English Lit, Performing Arts, Sport) every year and others (Psychology, Biology, History, ICT) do badly every year. It will doubtless come down to money. So depressing.

orangeandlemons Fri 15-Mar-13 22:11:33

Ours have 5 hours in Year 12. We switched to 4 hours in Year 13 about 2 years ago, however as from next year we are going back to 5 hours as it was felt that 4 hours just wasn't long enough.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now