What time do you leave school?

(58 Posts)
Euphemia Mon 04-Feb-13 19:23:14

Is there an expectation that you'll be there until 5pm? Is anything said if you choose to leave earlier?

I get in between 6:30-7 and leave by 4ish three nights a week (two meeting nights). I work for 2-3 hours after DD is in bed each evening

BrigitBigKnickers Tue 05-Mar-13 00:02:58

We are expected to be in school from 8.30-4pm but most work a hell of a lot longer than that.
I work:
-8am-6pm on two of my days (one includes a meeting.)
-8am-4.30pm on the other
-at least half of one of my days off spent working at home.

On my work days I also do three lunchtime clubs, one after school club and an assembly every week.

I work three days a week.

I think I offer pretty good value for money!

DameDoom Sat 09-Mar-13 14:33:00

I have a major routine and I live literally 5 mins away from work. I get in at 7am and leave at 7pm Mon-Thurs. I never take work home apart from report writing and anything additional. On Friday I leave at 5 and go to the pub with friends from work. This works for me as I have weekends free... obviously, I don't have children.

DameDoom Sat 09-Mar-13 14:46:06

PS - don't listen to me - just noticed 60 pieces of 'to be APP'd' English' languishing on dining room table, cunningly hidden under a pile of mail and unread Grazias.Think my 'anything additional' comment was a sublim. attempt to make myself feel organised.

StuffezLaBouche Sun 10-Mar-13 14:46:46

I get in between 6:30 and 7 as my mind is much more alive in the early morning. One night a week (meeting) I leave at five, but the rest I leave between 3:45 and 4:15. Similar hours for the rest of the staff. In previous school there was a tendency to wait until the Head was around then mention casually you were in until SIX THIRTY the night before, and your husband's starting to forget what you look like.. (Yeah well done, love!)
Bitter, moi? :-)

InTheoryBut Sun 10-Mar-13 17:46:11

I get in at 7.50 on the three days I work. Two days see me in a meeting from 3.30 til 5.30, when I have to leave to get kids. Third day sees me marking frantically til 5.30 deadline, as all books are handed in every week for marking and presentation scrutiny, matched against planning on a Friday evening. No time to do anything else in school - resourcing stuff, displays, talking to colleagues/sencos, tidying, sorting classroom, setting up any new areas/initiatives... My resignation is going in shortly because of it hmm.

spudmasher Sun 10-Mar-13 17:51:51

Wow. I'm in the wrong school! In at 7.35 out at 6pm 3 nights, 5 pm one and 3.45 another. Some nights I'm there till 7pm. About once a fortnight. I am deputy head though.

twinkle1010 Sat 16-Mar-13 15:40:35

I get into school at 8am work will 5ish monday (staff meeting) 6ish Tuesday (SMT) leave at about 4.45pm on wednesday and then 4pm on thursday and friday. This is my work life balance I make sure I leave early on those two nights and then I get to do something with my DD before tea and bedtime. It works for me.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now