Going back tomorrow after anxiety stress- scared!

(65 Posts)
AmIGoingMad Sun 06-Jan-13 21:43:19

Hi!
I'm going back in tomorrow after being off since end nov with anxiety and AND. Dr has given paper to phase return over the first week. Meeting head first thing in morning. Just scared in general at the thought of going bk. have been in much better place mentally and physically last few weeks and dreading setting myself back. I do feel though like the longer I'm off the harder it will be. Is this job even for me? Aargh! Driving myself mad!

icepole Thu 17-Jan-13 09:54:01

Just out and signed off for 4 weeks. Relieved but dreading letting the school know!

AmIGoingMad Thu 17-Jan-13 13:40:30

Good! Glad the doctor was sensible. And remember that it's the schools own fault for dragging their feet over oc health referral!

AmIGoingMad Thu 24-Jan-13 08:26:25

Hi icepole! I'm sure you said your appt was today. Good luck with it- let me know how you get on.

icepole Thu 24-Jan-13 10:38:00

It is, well remembered! I will let you know, am nervous! How have you been getting on?

AmIGoingMad Thu 24-Jan-13 12:26:28

Don't be! From what I've heard they're very supportive of you. I'm still waiting to hear about an appt.
I'm getting there. It's still not easy but being with the class is ok. It's just really draining! And I haven't even started trying to catch up on marking yet- I'm in denial on that front to be honest.

icepole Thu 24-Jan-13 18:53:31

Thanks, was really good. She asked lots of questions and said it was classic chronic fatigue and she will support a phased return over 6-8 weeks. See what the school say!

AmIGoingMad Thu 24-Jan-13 20:11:48

I'm glad it went well. Sounds like she was nice and understanding. I know the schools want staff back as soon as possible but they should understand that rushing bk will only end in more problems down the line. Oc health lady sounds sensible to me!

icepole Fri 25-Jan-13 00:05:11

Hope you get seen soon. She was really helpful, said rushing would just delay recovery and there was no way I could do full days any time soon. She said she has most of her battles from education!

ThatVikRinA22 Fri 25-Jan-13 00:14:37

just marking a place - different job - same stress and anxiety - same problems.

ive been referred to OH but they keep cancelling my appointment. im also currently signed off....GP has also said i need a phased return to work (not a teacher - am in police)

hope you dont mind me muscling in!

icepole Fri 25-Jan-13 06:21:29

Hello, sorry to hear that you are in a similar position. I really recommend staying off until you see OH. Is your dr supportive? I imagine the police is similar to teaching in that there are no quiet days, it's all or nothing. What's your line manager been like?

icepole Mon 04-Feb-13 09:20:27

How are you both doing? I am about to have a meting with my depute head and faculty head. Very nervous!

AmIGoingMad Fri 22-Feb-13 20:33:38

So sorry I went AWOL icepole! Going back to work has meant that the time machine I was after is now something I desperately need. I survived last half term -just. The first week of this one has been more challenging though and I don't even know why. I had oh appt today and I went quite well- have to go back in a few weeks time.
How was your meeting with deputy head? Are you back in school phased now? How are you feeling?

AmIGoingMad Fri 22-Feb-13 20:35:00

Sorry vicarina- have you managed to get oh to keep appt yet? How are you feeling?

icepole Fri 22-Feb-13 20:47:23

Phased return starts Monday, OH suggested 8 weeks, school said I can have four. Is better than nothing, going back but not sure I am ready. Sick pay has run out however so that is that. Very, very nervous about next week.

Glad you feel you are surviving. I think things will be rough until the summer here.

ProphetOfDoom Fri 22-Feb-13 21:03:34

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

AmIGoingMad Sat 23-Feb-13 09:42:36

Thanks for the message shmalzing.

Icepole I don't understand how school can say ok to 4 wks when 8wks was recommended? I understand how you'll be feeling this wkend and on mon morning. Just keep thinking that the reality on mon can't be as awful as you're thinking it will be- I speak from experience. What will you be doing Monday lessons and hours wise? Don't expect too much from yourself and take each thing one step at a time. I'd psyche myself up for driving in, then walking into building etc. I tried to arrive early so that I wouldn't be walking in past pupils at first.

AmIGoingMad Sun 24-Feb-13 22:11:47

Just wanted to say good luck for tomorrow icepole. Take it one step at a time- you will get through this.

AmIGoingMad Tue 26-Feb-13 19:00:46

How was it Icepole?

ProphetOfDoom Tue 26-Feb-13 23:16:09

icepole Wed 27-Feb-13 14:18:03

Monday was bad, very unwell after. Today a bit more manageable. I think it is going to be a hard few months.

ProphetOfDoom Wed 27-Feb-13 19:04:54

icepole Wed 27-Feb-13 19:48:55

Sounds good!! I might go get some acupuncture, it helps with the pain/nausea and is quite relaxing.

Today I has waves of feeling bad so it wasn't constant so better than Monday.

ProphetOfDoom Wed 27-Feb-13 20:25:41

icepole Thu 28-Feb-13 12:42:43

First time for me but I was desperate! It's been really good, it's a bit strange but weirdly relaxing too.

AmIGoingMad Thu 28-Feb-13 16:51:28

Glad it seems to be gradually getting better icepole and that's great advice from shmalzing.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now