Bag....off!

(36 Posts)
BlueElephant90 Sun 18-Nov-12 17:07:35

Is it ok for a teacher to tell a child ''bag....off!''?

BlueElephant90 Sun 18-Nov-12 17:27:59

No I am not confused about what has happened; the boy had no bag...

BlueElephant90 Sun 18-Nov-12 17:30:06

Ok shall I start again? A new thread to avoid confusion?

MrsCantSayAnything Sun 18-Nov-12 17:30:31

No...I'M confused. Not you.

Or are you?

Blatherskite Sun 18-Nov-12 17:33:00

The teacher has been telling kids to "Bugger off"

A mixture of censorship and spelling mistakes and everything went wrong

WelshMoth Sun 25-Nov-12 12:32:06

"Bag off!" FINE.

"Bugger Off!". NOT FINE. NOPE. NEVER.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Sun 25-Nov-12 12:35:30

It depends on the context, how it was said, the relationship between the child and the teacher... people are getting far too precious these days, they really are.

BlueElephant90 Sun 25-Nov-12 17:03:19

''It depends on the context, how it was said, the relationship between the child and the teacher... people are getting far too precious these days, they really are.''
Yes it is true, it depends on the context. Well in this situation it is said by a teacher who cannot stand the level of his pupils. He cannot stand the fact that they are non sporty.
Is that too precious?!

Dominodonkey Mon 03-Dec-12 22:48:10

"It depends on the context, how it was said, the relationship between the child and the teacher... people are getting far too precious these days, they really are."

I am one of the least precious people in the world. Never take offence, think teachers should be able to be honest with students, shout at them etc.
I cannot think of any circumstance where this would be ok, that's not to say it should be a hanging offence if the phrase slipped out once with a senior class but should certainly not be considered as normal.

ChippingInLovesAutumn Tue 04-Dec-12 23:42:18

Well, it would have helped if a) you had posted what he actually said in the first place and b) if you had given a little context.

But in general, I don't have a problem with a teacher telling a 12 year old to 'Bugger Off' if they're being a pain in the arse.

LynetteScavo Tue 04-Dec-12 23:47:22

Surely it would be "bag orf"

Quite acceptable in some independent schools, but I would imagine a disciplinary offence in most state schools.

BlueElephant90 Wed 12-Dec-12 13:03:34

FYI I had started another thread ''When is it ok for a teacher to tell a child to bugger off?

*I would imagine a disciplinary offence in most state schools*I am glad you think so because it is out of order.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now