Something positive that happened today

(7 Posts)
PopMusicShoobyDoobyDoA Tue 06-Nov-12 20:46:59

Well. I'm not sure about you guys, but I find being a teacher extremely stressful. It's the constant level of monitoring, the sheer amount of work etc well, I won't go on, you all know what it's like. But I thought it would be good to celebrate our successes rather than moan (which I am apt to do!).

Today, I did a soundscape of fireworks activity with reception class. It worked so well and we all loved it. The best thing about it was it was just a spur of the moment thing where we had five minutes to kill at the end of singing session. Am very pleased with myself. smile

So what positive thing happened today? Please don't say your bottle of wine etc as that's not the spirit of this thread. grin

ninah Tue 06-Nov-12 20:49:35

I have reception and nursery, we made a spider's web with ropes in PE and balanced all the way around it, was fab! then i had ppa

EvilTwins Tue 06-Nov-12 22:18:44

First proper rehearsal for the school play!

PopMusicShoobyDoobyDoA Tue 06-Nov-12 22:43:14

Ninth, that sounds great. Evil, I trust it went well? smile

PopMusicShoobyDoobyDoA Tue 06-Nov-12 22:44:04

ninthninah

EvilTwins Tue 06-Nov-12 22:46:03

It was great thanks. Disappointingly, the boys proved to be better at counting than the girls. Caused much hilarity.

TwllBach Tue 06-Nov-12 22:57:01

I did poetry about fireworks today and there were beautiful lines - I could have wept with joy at some of them! Even more meaningful because they are very low ability.

We also had a good practise for te Christmas play and one of my class read with expression and really acted it out.

We also did a fifteen minute challenge - the one where you have three wolves and three chicks on one side of the river and have to get them all over to the other side and they all had a bloody good try and one even get the answer! it took me half an hour to do it and then forgot to write it down

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now