Disciplinary Procedures

(3 Posts)
TheCrimeTravellersWife Sun 07-Oct-12 12:51:23

I've done something really stupid and am trying to work out what happens now / next.

I was working part time, and then suddenly and unexpectedly ended up working full time from Sep.

I had a holiday booked which meant I needed a Fri off - which I used to not work, but now I do.

I filled in a leave form - but stupidly lied on the form and said I needed the day off for a doctors appointment.

They didn't believe me, and I admitted it was a silly mistake and told them the truth.

The HT is now proceeding with disciplinary action against me.

Can anyone tell me what this means and how it will affect me and how long it will stay on my record for?

GW297 Mon 08-Oct-12 00:23:53

Have you contacted your union?

Isla77 Thu 15-Nov-12 23:08:53

But it wasn't a silly mistake was it? You deliberately lied and the HT realised and then you were honest enough to admit what you had done. As GW says you need to have support from your union if you are facing disciplinary procedures. Do not go into a hearing without your union rep and please meet with your union rep before hand to discuss how you will handle any meeting that is set up. With luck it will not mean that you have to leave the school but please be guided by your union.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now