Do you know of any posts atm?

(15 Posts)
icepole Fri 21-Sep-12 09:05:50

grin at numerous barriers to learning! I get a lot of those right now.

Euphemia France Fri 21-Sep-12 08:13:22

I think we all feel that - love the teaching, hate all the associated crap. I'm working in a pretty rough area at the moment and some of the children are right wee shites have numerous barriers to learning. smile It's exhausting!

icepole Fri 21-Sep-12 07:36:06

Great to read you are enjoying living in the area smile

icepole Fri 21-Sep-12 07:35:11

Drama, I love my subject! It's all the other stuff I don't like. I have zero experience with sfl.

Euphemia France Fri 21-Sep-12 07:33:09

^Learning

Euphemia France Fri 21-Sep-12 07:27:03

What is your subject?

Would you do Support for Lwarning?

icepole Fri 21-Sep-12 07:00:23

Kirriemuir! I hadn't thought about Dundee high. I really don't want to do supply, I don't like schools much. I love my subject though. Sadly it's not much in demand.

Euphemia France Fri 21-Sep-12 06:46:44

There is certainly plenty work in Primary, I'm not sure about Secondary - maybe give Education Staffing at Dundee City Council a ring? There is an ad on their website for supply right now.

Some Dundee schools would be scary to work in, but others fine! If there's lots of work around maybe you could be choosy. smile

You could maybe also try the High School of Dundee, which is private.

Where in Angus are you moving to? I'm in Monifieth.

icepole Fri 21-Sep-12 04:21:56

Can I ask about the supply in Dundee area? I am moving to Angus soon and there are no jobs. How has supply been? I am worried about it being hell on wheels in secondary schools also that the money is shit now.

Euphemia France Thu 20-Sep-12 22:06:19

Yes - they advertised before the summer and again this month.

roughtyping Thu 20-Sep-12 21:45:18

Euphemia are perm jobs being advertised in Dundee? Not somewhere I particularly want to live, but there are just no perm jobs here and I know OH's work have a base in Dundee.

Euphemia France Thu 20-Sep-12 21:41:43

grin

I moved to Dundee in January and I've had constant work on supply and there are lots of vacancies across the city. Some have just been advertised with a deadline tomorrow, but I'm sure there will be more soon.

Schools can't get supply teachers for love nor money.

Beautiful area to live in too.

IvanaNap Thu 20-Sep-12 21:03:14

As a general place to look, or has vacancies?
Or do you just have Scottish City Tourettes?
hmm grin

Euphemia France Thu 20-Sep-12 20:43:20

Dundee!

IvanaNap Thu 20-Sep-12 20:38:02

Loving The Staffroom smile

Thought I would take advantage of its newness (and hopefully traffic) to ask if you know of any vacancies - either current or upcoming?

Primary, KS1
Part time - 0.4 to approx 0.6fte
Permanent
Not huge school (up to 200 on roll maybe?)

Am trawling all the likely places but obviously it's not really the time of year for it, so possibilities are few and far between.

PM me if you know of anything?! And post if you are looking for similar and/or have any tips.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now