Funny things children say and do

(56 Posts)
GW297 Thu 20-Sep-12 13:38:25

What is the funniest thing a child you have taught has ever done or said?

Labro Sun 30-Jun-13 19:33:50

My son to teacher 'I've dismembered my project miss' (he meant dismantled)

To his (male) history teacher 'Sir, do you think my mum is younger than you' (the guy is about 22 and I'm 42!)

To his female science teacher when she revealed that shes only 23 'Wow miss, my mum's old enough to be your mum'!

To my mum - nanny, did you wear a crinoline when you were young?

ravenAK Sun 30-Jun-13 19:49:56

We watched 'The Truman Show'. Bottom set year 9, preparing for a GCSE Speaking & Listening task on the rights & wrongs of reality TV.

At the end, Truman climbs out of the dome & goes off to have a real life, right?

James: 'He did really well after that didn't he? Being in all those films & everything.'

<entire class look terminally confused, although that's pretty much their default>

It turns out James thought we were watching a documentary. About Jim Carrey, the Pre-Hollywood Years...

BabiesAreLikeBuses Sun 30-Jun-13 19:50:01

Animals in captivity project. Writing about the use of an ankus (steel pointed tool) to control elephants:

It's so cruel to use an anus.

Also ds came home with a list of building materials he needed beginning with 'sment'

ravenAK Sun 30-Jun-13 19:55:54

Oh & me, shouting down the stairwell as tutor group leave after registration & I recognise the dulcet tones turning the air blue: 'STEVEN! Stop that swearing!'

A pause, & then an indignant voice floats back up: 'MISS! It's not me fucking swearing!'

GW297 Tue 02-Jul-13 23:42:16

During wet play we were playing heads down thumbs up and a year 2 boy announced he was trying to estimate the size of the hands that touched his thumbs and how much pressure he thought each child would apply and amazingly he got it right every time!

janji Wed 03-Jul-13 00:05:53

Had just told my class of 6 and 7 yr olds that I was going to have a baby. Breaktime came around and two darling girls went straight up to my colleague in the next door classroom to announce the good news!
Child 1: Mrs Janji's pregnant you know!
Child 2: (in a tone of disbelief and disgust) And her being a teacher! Tut tut!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now