Queen at 90, new stamps and Prince George on a booster

(9 Posts)
AuntieStella Wed 20-Apr-16 07:15:44

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36086291

This has the uncropped version version of the picture used for the 90th birthday stamps.

For some reason, I'd have expected Pince George to be on a tapestried footstool, not a pile of swimming floats!

ineedamoreadultieradult Wed 20-Apr-16 07:18:55

I think they are supposed to be books.

Savagebeauty Wed 20-Apr-16 07:22:08

They've just interviewed the photographer...it's the uncropped version as op says. He needed George to stand in something to get his head in the shot..there was nothing suitable in the room. The photographer had foam bricks with him so they glued them together and used those.
I think it's a great photo.

VertigoNun Wed 20-Apr-16 07:23:11

Did you see William speak to defend his lifestyle, more bad pr. The bbc fell for the spin and rearranged his words.confused

SoupDragon Wed 20-Apr-16 07:28:32

George is adorable. I remember when my chubby little boys were cheeky chubby little boys like that and not hulking teens.

<<misses point>>

AnguaResurgam Wed 20-Apr-16 07:34:40

Yes, I saw that.

He can't win, can he? Criticised for taking time to be with his family when they're young, but would be damned if he didn't (like his father and grandmother before him).

And it shows how very engrained is the public attitude that work matters more than family.

AuntieStella Wed 20-Apr-16 10:13:46

I've just seen a bit in the news about this. In order to have the pix on the stamps taken from a real photograph of the line up, it seems they had quite a task in getting Prince George in the right place. One small wiggle and his face would be in the perforations!

LunaLoveg00d Wed 20-Apr-16 10:15:54

Love the pic. Four generations all together and George looks really cheeky!

AuntieStella Thu 21-Apr-16 06:35:27

To go with George on the swimming floats in the drawing room, here's one of the Mia Tindall with the handbag in the library

www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-36093306

It's today's official portrait, of the Queen surrounded by her two youngest grandchildren and all her great-grandchildren.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now