Kate Cambridge live birth thread

(554 Posts)
MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 12:00:53

"Ooh twinges....could this be it?"

I wish. Think I must be a closet royalist as I am rathrr excited about this impending birth. Anyone want to keep watch with me?

ParadiseChick Mon 08-Jul-13 12:31:08

Ah Zara's pregnant! That's lovely, I like her.

smile @ Icky baby - I had one of those !
She's lovely now though thanks

MirandaWest Mon 08-Jul-13 12:33:42

When's Zara's baby due?

According to DD Kate's baby will be called Alexandra. This is mostly because a Rainbow Magic Fairy book has been written called Alexandra the Royal Baby Fairy (or something like that) hmm

MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 12:34:42

I think Alexandra is odds on favourite so your dd may be on to something!

morethanpotatoprints Mon 08-Jul-13 12:35:33

oops. stealth
I always post something thats been done before grin

She was supposedly coming on the day before her wedding. It kicked off!

saffronwblue Mon 08-Jul-13 12:37:24

She'll be furious that people will be talking about her baby on facebook before she can post herself.

Contraction s seem to have stopped. She is bouncing on her birth ball and eating some pineapple

MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 12:41:17

Wonder if she has been briefed on not 'making a rod for her own back' - cant have the future queen still cosleeping at 25 or using a dummy at 30.

MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 12:41:57

Maybe a lityle royal bonk would help, or a long walk around the palace.

Jenny70 Mon 08-Jul-13 12:45:51

Maybe a curry? or cod liver oil?

ouryve Mon 08-Jul-13 12:45:59

She's demanded takeaway curry for lunch. And passed her FIL a STFU look before he can even think of saying or doing something mortifying.

Oh no. Phone. Mother again. No she doesnt KNOW or CARE whether you should try to rearrange tennis in the morning.

Oh Kate the latent phase of labour can take a long time. I advise you rest and eat and try to do normal activities until labour becomes established (no public walkabouts though). Give us a call when you've been contracting at least once every five minutes for a minute. And keep those bloody obstetricians at arms length, we'll have a lovely normal birth <student midwife so biased> smile

DonkeysDontRideBicycles Mon 08-Jul-13 12:54:55

Must have been watching the tennis that brought on contractions smile I was gripped with tension concentrating on breathing and I'm not even pregnant.

MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 12:56:25

Dont forget the paper knickers and the maternity pads!

saffronwblue Mon 08-Jul-13 12:56:30

Are we up to "I don't care if she is the fucking Queen tell her it fucking hurts"?

I am worryingly excited about this as well blush

<settles in to wait for news>

TeamEdward Mon 08-Jul-13 13:01:02

grin @ saffron

TwllBach Mon 08-Jul-13 13:01:17

AHEM

A
HEM

<royal cough>

I can confirm that I live on Anglesey... I have no clue where they live and DP has bumped in to her in Tesco, so we are obvs totes close.

MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 13:03:58

Right Twll get your act together. I want to.know as soon as tha chopper takes off.

Damnautocorrect Mon 08-Jul-13 13:04:46

I should think given how expensive it is to give birth there I'm sure they'll still give you a parking space. Although I know some of the sheikh's often book out the whole floors when their wives are due and pay for it to be redecorated.

TwllBach Mon 08-Jul-13 13:05:08

I shall sack off work and sit outside, staring at the sky. I may take an ice cream with me. Do you think I have time to paint a 'Good Luck Bestie <thumbs up>' sign??

MortifiedAdams Mon 08-Jul-13 13:06:06

Definetly. Or just walk around playing "Ahhh Push It" loudly on a ghetto blaster.

Actually thw queen has cast her mind back 6 or 7 decades and remembered what it's like. She has kicked them all out and will be off herslef once she's scrubbed the bath, made a load of sandwiches and picked the corgii poo off the grass. Oh and she'll wait till williams back of course

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now