The other Royal Wedding

(57 Posts)
EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 12:48:48

BBC report on crowds.

Anyone know when we'll see the dress?

Who is he? Have never heard of him.

What is it with all the sideways hats? They all look bonkers imho.

Quite like the brown and cream princess but it's too tight and too short for her. She is so pretty and could be stunning - wonder if she has a stylist?

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 16:28:23

Sandy Phillips is Capt Mark Phillips' second wife.

Gottawearshades Sat 30-Jul-11 16:44:27

Zara studied at Edinburgh University, after Gordonstoun, and the Canongate Kirk is the one the queen uses when she is in Holyrood. I suspect Edinburgh is close to her heart....

NoelEdmundshair Sat 30-Jul-11 16:45:16

Thought the dress was rather meh.

BertieBasset Sat 30-Jul-11 17:01:53

Will someone please take that eyeliner pencil off Kate!

I thought the wedding dress was a bit dated - seemed quite 80's to me. But then it has probably come back into fashion and I missed it.

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Sat 30-Jul-11 17:19:27

I liked the top half of the dress. The bottom half looked as if someone had got Zara's height wrong and they'd had to add some extra fabric.

I was disappointed the groom and groomsmen weren't in kilts. I soooooooo love a man in a kilt grin

allhailtheaubergine Sat 30-Jul-11 17:28:17

Did it specify 'nude shoes only' on the invitation I wonder?

MonkeyJungleConga Sat 30-Jul-11 17:30:54

Dress is nothing great. The straps at the top and the bit at the bottom look like they were added on - like a dress bought from ebay that's been altered to fit. Having said that she does look lovely in it.

Beatrice & Eugenie look nice actually, Kate's outfit is very boring from what I can see of it. Sohpie Wessex looks nice but why does why insist on these bulky jackets? Princess Anne's jacket is awful IMO, not improved by the gloves either.

Natalie Pinkham looks stunning IMO.

Waswondering Sat 30-Jul-11 17:40:08

Suspect Anne and HMQ both wearing gloves due to amount of hand shaking ....

RustyBear Sat 30-Jul-11 18:04:26

ChaoticAngel - hoping for men in kilts - Here's one for you...

PortBlacksandIsleOfDogs Sat 30-Jul-11 18:05:44

why does it look as if they made her dress too short the first time around?

PortBlacksandIsleOfDogs Sat 30-Jul-11 18:06:35

She does look lovely though and is so obviously smitten - the way she looks at him....

diddl Sat 30-Jul-11 18:28:01

I think it´s lovely & really suits her.

Looks effortlessly elegant to me.

lovecorrie Sat 30-Jul-11 21:53:33

who were the bridesmaids?

EdithWeston Sat 30-Jul-11 22:19:17

I'd like to know who the bridesmaids are too.

I've just seen the BBC coverage, and it was pretty sketchy (pity). But I was trying to make out what that well-wisher was wearing on her head.

PamBeesly Sat 30-Jul-11 22:43:23

The maid of honour was her best friend Dolly Maude and the little page boy was Ted, Dolly's son and Zara's godson, as for the other bridesmaids I'm not sure

PricklyThistle Sat 30-Jul-11 22:59:29

I had assumed that they had it in Scotland to keep the natives happy...
Princess Anne being such a Scottish rugby fan and all grin

EightiesChick Sat 30-Jul-11 23:00:29

Have just read this MSN blog which has a lot of very good pics of guests, rugby players in suits smile etc and follows events. I missed it on the news - anyone know if it is being shown again (probably at 3am on BBC News)?

Bue Sun 31-Jul-11 11:53:44

The teenager was Zara's half sister (Mark Phillips' daughter from second marriage), one of the little girls was Dolly Maude's daughter (I can't stop chuckling at that name!) and I think I read that the other girls were children of a rugby player.

VitaEstBonus Sun 31-Jul-11 12:23:26

OK, she didn't go strapless, phew.

I think she looked rather lovely and her flowers were gorgeous.

I am starting to find Kate very meh.

ChaoticAngelofGryffindor Sun 31-Jul-11 14:43:56

grin RustyBear

Okay, I'll alter that to some men in kilts wink

amothersplaceisinthewrong Sun 31-Jul-11 18:38:35

Dress was a huge meringue that added stones to her. Awful. Veil and Tiara nice and Zara has a beautiful smile.

Beatrice looked OK ish - but she really has a very unfortunate face. Eugenie is very pretty but in need of some help with her clothes. Fergie has got them a stylist according to Sunday Times.

nozmum Sun 31-Jul-11 20:45:20

Do you thin she could be pregnant? No actual bump, but she has got that glow.. would love it if she was.. royal baby fever!

belgo Sun 31-Jul-11 20:47:28

No I don't think she is pregnant, she says she doesn't want a baby until after the Olympics next year. Sensible girl.

Waswondering Sun 31-Jul-11 20:47:46

Think a pg would be bad news for Olympics training .... as there's less than a year to go: doubt Zara will think about it till after then.

(She says!!! Nowt to do with me ...........)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now