Fergie on Oprah complaining about lack of invitation to the Royal Wedding

(53 Posts)
MardyBra Wed 11-May-11 17:04:28

here

I can't believe she actually expected to be invited having tried to sell her connections to the Royal Family.

Popbiscuit Wed 11-May-11 18:27:56

Oh, Fergie sad She does come across as very self absorbed and I do wonder if the "girls" and she and Andrew are as close as she would have us believe. I hope so for her sake.

LucretiaInShadows Wed 11-May-11 18:28:00

The BBC report I saw quoted Fergie as saying that the decision not to invite her was "quite right," but that she felt sad not to be going along with her girls. If that's accurate I think it's fair enough - she's explaining how she felt, not whinging about being hard-done-by. It probably is difficult to see close family going along to a big celebration with lots of people you used to know, knowing that if things had worked out differently, you'd have been there with them.

MollieO Wed 11-May-11 18:32:46

They showed an extract of her Oprah interview on the BBC News just now. Seems to me she was complaining about the lack of an invite because she, 'the girls' and Andrew are a 'unit'hmm

This is going to sound utterly snobby but she is rather common. I had the dubious pleasure of being in the same nightclub as her and her financial advisor not long after the toe sucking incident. I was embarrassed at her behaviour there.

expatinscotland Wed 11-May-11 18:34:09

I know what you mean, Mollie. She's on the trashy side for sure. She's a legend in her own mind, most definitely.

Twit Wed 11-May-11 18:38:14

Hmmmmmm I know what you mean. She comes across as GOML/C type. wink
<<yes I know what she claims etc etc>>

Abelia Wed 11-May-11 18:39:33

I did read somewhere that Fergie screams whenever a cake is cut. That would be reason enough not to invite her imo.

TheCrackFox Wed 11-May-11 18:41:50

She is vulgar personified.

<She is even more vulgar than me!>

Lightofthemoon Wed 11-May-11 19:00:56

The bit about Andrew calling her on the morning and reassuring her that they had the most perfect wedding there so not to worry. How bizarre was that, what's their wedding day got to do with it!?

All her comments just made me cringe, as others have said, she has just proven why she didn't get an invite!

Popbiscuit Wed 11-May-11 19:04:50

Lightofthemoon-Yes! So weird, right? Even if he did do that wouldn't you want to, um.....KEEP IT TO YOURSELF instead of telling Oprah and millions of viewers. Her own worst enemy.

Twit Wed 11-May-11 19:29:49

Is she trying to imply they are still at it?

<<sticks out little finger>>

dickcheeseandthecrackers Wed 11-May-11 19:33:30

Noah - she is not skinny enough to be friends with the columbians.

ggirl Wed 11-May-11 19:36:13

she looked heavily botoxed to me

squeaver Wed 11-May-11 19:59:07

Was just about to post the same thing, ggirl

TheCrackFox Wed 11-May-11 20:02:54

They had a perfect wedding, shame about the actual marriage, you know, the important bit.

What a twonk.

Preggersplayspop Wed 11-May-11 20:11:27

She sounds needy and self absorbed and her comment about Diana was distasteful. I'm amazed she is trying to deduce why she wasnt invited, there is a myriad of reasons why not. Take your pick!

southeastastra Wed 11-May-11 20:13:17

i felt sorry for her

Lightofthemoon Wed 11-May-11 20:14:03

grin crackfox that's exactly what I was thinking when I heard it!

expatinscotland Thu 12-May-11 09:00:51

She's also gone on The Dr Phil Show. Again, airing all her dirty laundry. She's such a publicity whore. Even Lorraine saw the clip and said, 'Oh, dear. I don't think that's such a good idea.'

wink

I felt sorry for her too. Have always thought she was the most interesting one in that bunch of cardboard cut outs. Marrying into that lot, I'd want to go a bit mad too after a while.

MollieO Thu 12-May-11 15:08:56

She married 5 years after Diana so knew exactly what she was getting herself into. No sympathy for her at all.

Do you think so? Do you think you can really know what it's like to be in that circus from the outside? I bet you can't.

SybilBeddows Thu 12-May-11 16:08:06

also Diana was still in her honeymoon period with the press for the first few years of marriage, I think.

September18 Thu 12-May-11 21:58:07

I don't think the Royal family ever liked her anyway, because she spoke up for herself and shook things up a bit. They don't like anyone to have an opinion of their own it seems.

Dad2HandC Thu 12-May-11 22:10:15

Would you want to invite your Uncle's ex-wife - the one he divorced YEARS ago and had made a public disgrace of herself several times - to your wedding? No - neither would William and Kate want to. Good for them - she's a nightmare

willitwork Fri 13-May-11 09:26:23

Just shows how obsessed American's are with the british royals that they provide her with a career. Crazy! Fair play to Wills and Kate for not inviting her she would probably have sold her ticket anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now