Did Kate bow/curtsey to Will on the balcony? Or drop something maybe?

(8 Posts)
MrsPresley Tue 03-May-11 21:18:55

Princess Anne was made Princess Royal because she didn't want to curtsy to Camilla

Princess Anne was given the title Princess Royal in 1987, nothing to do with curtsying/not curtsying to Camilla.

BarbaraBar Mon 02-May-11 14:49:07

She bent down to pick something up. He can very clearly be seen to say "while you're down there love..."

wink

edam Mon 02-May-11 14:46:57

She doesn't have to curtsy to him, as a married couple they have the same rank. Some other royals have to curtsy to her although I think there's a weird rule about 'only when the husband is present' or some such nonsense.

Princess Anne was made Princess Royal because she didn't want to curtsy to Camilla. If she'd merely stayed a Princess that would have been An Issue. grin

sargesgiftshop Mon 02-May-11 14:38:00

Message deleted by Mumsnet.

The footage I saw on BBC America showed right before they went in from the balcony she bent down, it looked like perhaps her dress was caught on something. I had seen the picture in question before I watched the wedding so I was watching for it. It was so fast, and from the media vantage point didn't look untoward at all. I think that picture was taken by someone on the ground and the severe angle made it look much worse than it really was grin

Tortington Mon 02-May-11 02:19:27

i saw it on the live one. yes it did happen.

she bent down to givw him a quick blowy.

LOL I have seen that as well. Kate bent down to pick one of the tiny bridesmaids up - a picture was taken and it looks quite suggestive LOL.....it was very innocent - she was trying to lift one of the 3 year old bridesmaids up so they could look at the crowd!!! I did snigger like a 13 year old when I saw the picture grin

DrMuffy Mon 02-May-11 01:50:31

There is a photo circulating on my local internet board, not sure if it is a joke. It's a pic from the balcony of Kate kneeling in front of Will. Did this actually happen? I didn't see it on the coverage shown here and I thought we saw the entire balcony 'scene'.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now