Anything left about the wedding that you haven't found out the answer to...

(153 Posts)
cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 01:59:29

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 10:30:50

DD tells me Kate did her own makeup?? true??

i was stood at the bit where the road was gritted,we lined that part of the route,it was tight getting round!

hocuspontas Sat 30-Apr-11 10:32:34

The commentators said that about the make-up.

Was wondering if Harry will get a televised wedding if/when he gets married..

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 10:52:17

Harry isnt likely to have it as big imo

when we were stood waiting i met some lovely people,alot knew their stuff about the royals! most predict the next big royal occasion like this will be funerals......and the next coronation!!

we plan to camp out for that one if its Wills!!

does anyone know if any of Williiams old music teachers were there?? Anne Rachlin MBE for example?? i was her asisstant when she taught Wills and Harry. so knew the boys when they were younger. i lost touch with her as this was early 90's and wish i'd approached the palace for an invite now!!! i didnt even see Tiggy at the Abbey at any point

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 10:53:04

lol at me saying approach the palace....like beg??

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 10:58:41

Drama: I think he will - the Yorks did, but I think I'd expect the Wessex's ceremony to be the guide about the level of pomp. So not necessarily a central London shut down, but still televised and with a procession and lots of military pomp.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 11:00:43

tiffany: Tiggy must have been there, and gone back to the Palace - the blond pageboy is her son.

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 11:46:42

yes,but i couldnt see her. also,anyway i'd love to know if a certain other person was there too,but didnt see him either. guest list anywhere??

Psammead Sat 30-Apr-11 13:03:54

Does anyone have a link to the pictures of the reception? I would love to see the frocks. Have seen Kate's already.

SophieJo Sat 30-Apr-11 16:18:41

I'd like to know where she got her black wedge shoes from.She wore them on arrival at the Goring Hotel and going off on the honeymoon today.

cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 17:46:58

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 18:27:06

and we never saw her shoes!!

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 18:30:42

I want to know who helped Catherine go to the loo with that train.....

cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 18:51:25

Message withdrawn

Harry said 'wait till you see her dress' and I thought he was giving Kate some very approving looks when she arrived at the altar grin

Thanks for info about the sand - I was wondering what that was about! Kept thinking the drivers must have been shitting themselves about getting through the gate at St James' Palace - it's pretty narrow

HipposGoBeserk Sat 30-Apr-11 19:00:06

I want to know what the black rosettes on the back of the footmans necks were.

Kendodd Sat 30-Apr-11 19:10:00

1. Do they train the horses to poo on command so that they don't go on route?

2. 2,000 people at the abbey, 650 at the (first) reception, where do the other 1,350 people go? Do they just go home?

The Middletons' guests went to a reception at the Goring so I guess that must have accounted for some of them but I suppose the rest of them got on the tube. Blimey, if any of them were on MN, there'd be hell to pay grin

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 19:21:06

I think Nicholas van Custem was a page boy at Charles and Diana's wedding.

cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 19:24:35

Message withdrawn

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 19:25:45

I was wrong. It was Edward van Cutsem. Am presuming related somehow.

potoftea Sat 30-Apr-11 19:27:47

I'd like to know what kind of flowers were in her bouquet? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere. And is it the same ones were in Pippa's hair.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 19:28:02

kendodd: horses poo wherever, and you can see it on the route

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 19:30:52

Edward also an uncle of the small bridesmaid smile

The bouquet had a sprig of myrtle in it from a bush that possible queen Victoria planted.

thinbridewaitingtogetout Sat 30-Apr-11 19:33:01

The little van cutsem flower girl was also at the Duke of Northumberlands daughters wedding in feb and was also a flower girl and the poor soul fell over! We saw that one and although the road was closed and there was a "press corner" it was Alnwick's mini version of yesterday! Although Pippa Middleton and Chelsy Davey made an appearance and that was my little towns claim to fame!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now