Anything left about the wedding that you haven't found out the answer to...

(153 Posts)
cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 01:59:29

Message withdrawn

Tortington Sat 30-Apr-11 02:06:00

i assumed she bowed her head as a mark of respect

savoycabbage Sat 30-Apr-11 02:06:34

I want to know that too. And I would like to know what happened to the rider of the loose horse.

WhatSheSaid Sat 30-Apr-11 02:11:57

I think he saluted every time they went past a war memorial-type thing. So yes, she was bowing her head as a sign of respect.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

SlightlyScrambled Sat 30-Apr-11 05:41:57

Where were they going in the car with the "Just wed" licence plate?

PatientGriselda Sat 30-Apr-11 06:47:36

Clarence House, another royal residence about 2 mins walk or 30secs drive away!

ArthurMcAffertyandhisCat Sat 30-Apr-11 07:54:07

Why did the Queen have a (fairly cheap looking) blanket over her legs in the car on the way to the Abbey? Surely they could have warmed the car up for her? And if she really wanted a blanket, couldn't they they have found her a yellow one to match her outfit?

corblimeymadam Sat 30-Apr-11 07:58:01

SlightlyScrambled Sat 30-Apr-11 08:26:17

Thanks Patient.
And good to hear the rider was okay. Bet he is gutted about that happening, but amazing that there weren't more frightened horses. Poor guy.

Dred Sat 30-Apr-11 08:28:39

I'm assuming it was sawdust on the road outside Clarence house, & that it was for horse muck? confused
I spent a bit of time googling it last night! grin

Dred Sat 30-Apr-11 08:28:47

I'm assuming it was sawdust on the road outside Clarence house, & that it was for horse muck? confused
I spent a bit of time googling it last night! grin

ChateauRouge Sat 30-Apr-11 08:55:01

The sand on the road was to stop the metalled carriage wheels skidding on the road.

ChippyMinton Sat 30-Apr-11 08:59:00

Yes, sand is to provide grip. Notice it's only where the carriage has to make a turn.

I wondered about the Queen's blanket too.

SylvanianFamily Sat 30-Apr-11 09:00:34

Belgianbun: I lip read "wait till you see Catherine" - although maybe I was projecting a plausible phrase.

Who were the flower girls?

StatelyPoshBeartrothal Sat 30-Apr-11 09:09:27

Why did the Queen not join in at her grandson's reception?

WhatSheSaid Sat 30-Apr-11 09:17:43

Cos she's 85 and she probably wanted to go and have a nice cup of tea and a lie down?

ChippyMinton Sat 30-Apr-11 09:20:30

She was at the official reception immediately after the wedding - actually she was the host.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 09:34:46

How does the Duchess of Cambridge know what to pack for her honeymoon if the Duke won't tell her where she's going or what they might be doing?

PandaNot Sat 30-Apr-11 09:43:29

The blanket on the Queen's knee was because her skirt was riding up when she sat down and she didn't want the world's media peering at her legs!

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 10:20:52

Do you think they had sex last night? Am hoping am not the only person wondering this blush.

Queen always has blankets/rugs on her. She is getting on a bit.

EauRouge Sat 30-Apr-11 10:25:22

According to the beeb, Harry said 'wait til you see what's coming'.

Lawrie, no chance, they'd have been far too knackered!

hocuspontas Sat 30-Apr-11 10:26:53

And it was royal blue.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 10:26:54

lawrie and EauRouge: I thought the late afternoon stop off at Clarence house was the consummation break.

Not a chance after the all-night party!

hocuspontas Sat 30-Apr-11 10:28:35

I'd like to know if Harry REALLY made breakfast for the all-nighters or whether he was too pissed.

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 10:30:50

DD tells me Kate did her own makeup?? true??

i was stood at the bit where the road was gritted,we lined that part of the route,it was tight getting round!

hocuspontas Sat 30-Apr-11 10:32:34

The commentators said that about the make-up.

Was wondering if Harry will get a televised wedding if/when he gets married..

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 10:52:17

Harry isnt likely to have it as big imo

when we were stood waiting i met some lovely people,alot knew their stuff about the royals! most predict the next big royal occasion like this will be funerals......and the next coronation!!

we plan to camp out for that one if its Wills!!

does anyone know if any of Williiams old music teachers were there?? Anne Rachlin MBE for example?? i was her asisstant when she taught Wills and Harry. so knew the boys when they were younger. i lost touch with her as this was early 90's and wish i'd approached the palace for an invite now!!! i didnt even see Tiggy at the Abbey at any point

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 10:53:04

lol at me saying approach the palace....like beg??

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 10:58:41

Drama: I think he will - the Yorks did, but I think I'd expect the Wessex's ceremony to be the guide about the level of pomp. So not necessarily a central London shut down, but still televised and with a procession and lots of military pomp.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 11:00:43

tiffany: Tiggy must have been there, and gone back to the Palace - the blond pageboy is her son.

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 11:46:42

yes,but i couldnt see her. also,anyway i'd love to know if a certain other person was there too,but didnt see him either. guest list anywhere??

Psammead Sat 30-Apr-11 13:03:54

Does anyone have a link to the pictures of the reception? I would love to see the frocks. Have seen Kate's already.

SophieJo Sat 30-Apr-11 16:18:41

I'd like to know where she got her black wedge shoes from.She wore them on arrival at the Goring Hotel and going off on the honeymoon today.

cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 17:46:58

Message withdrawn

GypsyMoth Sat 30-Apr-11 18:27:06

and we never saw her shoes!!

SoMuchToBits Sat 30-Apr-11 18:30:42

I want to know who helped Catherine go to the loo with that train.....

cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 18:51:25

Message withdrawn

Harry said 'wait till you see her dress' and I thought he was giving Kate some very approving looks when she arrived at the altar grin

Thanks for info about the sand - I was wondering what that was about! Kept thinking the drivers must have been shitting themselves about getting through the gate at St James' Palace - it's pretty narrow

HipposGoBeserk Sat 30-Apr-11 19:00:06

I want to know what the black rosettes on the back of the footmans necks were.

Kendodd Sat 30-Apr-11 19:10:00

1. Do they train the horses to poo on command so that they don't go on route?

2. 2,000 people at the abbey, 650 at the (first) reception, where do the other 1,350 people go? Do they just go home?

The Middletons' guests went to a reception at the Goring so I guess that must have accounted for some of them but I suppose the rest of them got on the tube. Blimey, if any of them were on MN, there'd be hell to pay grin

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 19:21:06

I think Nicholas van Custem was a page boy at Charles and Diana's wedding.

cat64 Sat 30-Apr-11 19:24:35

Message withdrawn

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 19:25:45

I was wrong. It was Edward van Cutsem. Am presuming related somehow.

potoftea Sat 30-Apr-11 19:27:47

I'd like to know what kind of flowers were in her bouquet? Didn't see it mentioned anywhere. And is it the same ones were in Pippa's hair.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 19:28:02

kendodd: horses poo wherever, and you can see it on the route

LawrieMarlow Sat 30-Apr-11 19:30:52

Edward also an uncle of the small bridesmaid smile

The bouquet had a sprig of myrtle in it from a bush that possible queen Victoria planted.

thinbridewaitingtogetout Sat 30-Apr-11 19:33:01

The little van cutsem flower girl was also at the Duke of Northumberlands daughters wedding in feb and was also a flower girl and the poor soul fell over! We saw that one and although the road was closed and there was a "press corner" it was Alnwick's mini version of yesterday! Although Pippa Middleton and Chelsy Davey made an appearance and that was my little towns claim to fame!

Linnet Sat 30-Apr-11 20:40:18

Why were the choirboys at the front in red and the others behind them in white?

Meglet England Sat 30-Apr-11 20:44:38

The bouquet looked like it had some lily of the valley.

How many bottles of champagne were consumed last night? And how many of them by Harry?

SybilBeddows Sat 30-Apr-11 20:46:55

I would like to know if we will ever get to know what was in the speeches, esp Harry's best man speech, or if it will all be terribly secret and no-one will dishonourably leak it to the press.

SybilBeddows Sat 30-Apr-11 20:47:58

oh and also I want to know WHY they're not having a proper honeymoon yet - could William actually not get this week off?

Fimbo Sat 30-Apr-11 20:54:40

I don't think Harry looks or acts like a typical Royal. He looks like he has a good time and a sense of humour which actually makes a nice change from all the pomp and grandeur.

I would like to know if the wedding had been planned for more longer than when the engagement was announced.

meditrina Sat 30-Apr-11 20:54:53

he choirboys in red are choristers of the Chapel Royal and the ones in surpluses belong to the Abbey.

Honeymoon: frivolous answer - he mucked up his leave pass. Likely real answer - they knew the paparazzi of the whole world would be hunting for them and it would therefore be he'll to arrange and hard to relax. Now they're off having a snug weekend somewhere, and will be able to plan a discreet honeymoon at a tome no-one can predict.

Preggersplayspop Sat 30-Apr-11 20:58:39

Who was the nun in reebok trainers?

SybilBeddows Sat 30-Apr-11 20:59:35

thank you Meditrina, that answer will do me. smile

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sat 30-Apr-11 20:59:49

I want to know whether there were loos in the abbey. Some of the guests were already there when I turned on the tv before 9, and they were still there at about 1ish. I mean, Victoria Beckam is 6 months pregnant and was there for at least four hours shock.

UrsulaUndress Sat 30-Apr-11 21:02:45

Sophie - I was wondering that too and COVETING them sadly they are a bit more expensive than I'd hoped if they are these ones.

SophieJo Sun 01-May-11 08:32:18

Ursula-think they might be, thanks for that. I googled black wedge shoes but did not come up with the right ones.

dearprudence Sun 01-May-11 08:42:08

We wanted to know who the nuns were as well, Preggers. They had brilliant seats.

In the early hours, I was wondering about the bizarre reception arrangements. Am I right in thinking that although the Middleton family were invited to do the wave on the balcony of Buck House, they were summarily dismissed after that? Either way, it's a bit odd that either the family of the bride aren't invited to her own wedding reception or that their guests have a reception without the bride and groom.

It's not like there isn't enough space in BH and I guess the Middletons would have stumped up the cash to cover the costs.

What was the reasoning behind it and is that normal for a royal wedding?

SophieJo Sun 01-May-11 09:32:10

I think that the Middletons and close relatives stayed at the palace for the afternoon reception whilst an alternative lunch took place at the Goring Hotel -organised by the Middeltons-for the many friends they had invited.

meditrina Sun 01-May-11 09:37:50

It wasn't like that.

After the ceremony, the main participants including Middletons, went back to BH for the main reception, which went on until the Aston Martin moment.

Everyone went back to change/"rest" - HMQ even went away to another location. Middletons may/may not have been hosting a party at that time (there were all sorts of ancillary parties going on for those not invited to the Palace, and hosts (like the PM) absent for all/part of their own.

I don't know which Middletons were at the evening do, but some were seen going in - press reports weren't comprehensive and I actually hope that no-one does run to the press with an account.

Thanks. But that does mean that the Middletons' guests did not get invited to a reception at which the bride and groom were present. Which is slightly odd but I guess that's the downside of inviting the village butcher grin

rubyrubyruby Sun 01-May-11 09:51:23

Grace van Cutsen is Williams godchild.

I have a fact that I wonder if anyone knows!!

'What will our next King be called?'

SophieJo Sun 01-May-11 10:01:05

He could become King William V

BlameItOnTheBogey Sun 01-May-11 10:07:43

I have a very ignorant question; the media keep saying that this is the first time that a heir to the throne has married a commoner (or 'looked outside the inner circle' or some such guff). How does Diana fit in then? Was she not a commoner?

meditrina Sun 01-May-11 10:07:50

Charles' regnal name won't be announced until he ascends the throne.

LawrieMarlow Sun 01-May-11 10:11:00

The next King is likely to be King Charles III. Assuming he outlives the Queen of course.

It's rather like Edward VII again.

Is odd to think that the current Queen was younger than William is now when she became Queen. There must be times when she gets a bit fed up with it I would imagine.

LawrieMarlow Sun 01-May-11 10:11:57

Diana was Lady Diana Spencer so not a commoner.

Stinkyfeet Sun 01-May-11 10:27:15

Possibly a daft question ... but all the military on duty in ceremonial dress on this and other occasions, are they also armed and ready to spring into action if necessary?

Diana was a commoner though I thought because she was aristocracy, rather than royalty. Sure I read that in the papers yesterday. But Kate is truly common grin

meditrina Sun 01-May-11 10:34:45

Stinkyfeet - on ceremonial duties, no as you wouldn't want anyone to be shot from a negligent discharge. But we'll never be told (quite rightly) if some of the personnel were on protection duties and were indeed ready to act.

Definitions of "commoner" vary - some say it's non-royal, and sone non-aristocratic. In neither case is it a synonym for "common".

rubyrubyruby Sun 01-May-11 10:46:28

if and when he becomes King, Charles will be known as 'King George V11'

........ Go figure confused

LawrieMarlow Sun 01-May-11 10:49:50

Really? It is one of his middle names. And King George VI was actually Albert.

I was being ever so slightly tongue in cheek meditrina but thanks for pointing that out hmm

GypsyMoth Sun 01-May-11 11:11:58

i was there and have also policed royal occasions and worked with royals....believe me,there were armed royal protection officers there....everywhere. i spotted them high up on buildings....and when i worked for them,the protection police wore suits with a gun strapped on,often saw it if wind blew jackets open.

police would have been briefed about royal stalkers......we used to be given leaflets with their pictures on....very known to the palace,and a huge amount of royal obsessed stalkers out there!!
one of the livery .men on back of carriage would also be a protection officer

Bluebell123 Sun 01-May-11 15:06:10

I am very interested to know three things. The Queen had apparently only met Carole Middleton once before, very recently. I find that rather odd, surely the Queen could have extended an invitation at any time after the engagement was announced, if she chose to do so.

Does Kate Middleton have any grandparents? Were they in the Abbey?

Did the wife of Jamie Lowther-Pinkerton, mother of Billy, the pageboy, turn down her invitation to the wedding? She was quoted in the local newspaper as saying that she would be at home that day.

hocuspontas Sun 01-May-11 15:11:26

No reason to really I would have thought. They are only the GPs after all. I'm sure the Middletons met Charles and Camilla beforehand which is more relevant.

SybilBeddows Sun 01-May-11 15:12:40

Bluebell - maybe she is an ardent republican! wink

SybilBeddows Sun 01-May-11 15:13:09

the pageboy's mum I mean

meditrina Sun 01-May-11 15:46:18

Christine: I was replying to BlameItOnTheBogey's and LawrieMarlowe's posts - I hadn't seen yours: slow (mobile) connexion and StinkyFeets was the last I'd seen when writing that.

The mail on line has a got a wonderful article on the ninja nun who was sat next to William.

I want to know who the lady was in the passenger seat of the car that took Kate and her dad to the church - MIL reckons plain clothes police, wonder if she's right?

It was Kate's personal bodyguard in the car with her.

Thank you!

hocuspontas Sun 01-May-11 16:11:30

Oh I didn't know that. I thought it was the dress designer blush

SophieJo Sun 01-May-11 18:12:30

I'd like to know if Pippa's boyfriend was at the wedding.

spanky2 England Sun 01-May-11 18:16:45

To BelgianBun Harry said "Wait 'till u see the dress."

hocuspontas Sun 01-May-11 18:18:37

Pipp's boyfriend was there, I think he's a friend of William's.

What did Beatrice and Eugenie (aka Tweedledee and tweedledum) wear to evening reception. God, I hope they redeemed themselves after looking rather daft at the weekend. I really hope Duchess of Cambridge takes them in hand before they're let loose on the British public again.

pastapestoparmesan Sun 01-May-11 19:53:05

Did anyone see what it was that Kate picked up when she bent down on the balcony?

SophieJo Sun 01-May-11 20:15:35

Did she not bend down to talk to the young bridesmaid?

Ah okay, sorry meditrina smile

Sarah Burton (the designer) helped Kate into the car and then was next seen arranging the dress as she came into the abbey. She must have been following behind Kate's car I guess.

Beatrice and Eugenia actually looked quite good at the reception

Eugenie Bea

NellieTheEllie Sun 01-May-11 20:36:15

sophiejo and ursulaUndress - according to this article, the shoes were from LKBennett.

LadyInPink Sun 01-May-11 20:50:12

Kate also had Sweet Williams in her bouquet too - ahhh!

carve133 Sun 01-May-11 20:51:28

Why is Lady Louise Windsor not called Princess Louise of Wessex? (i.e. similar titles to Princesses Beatrice & Eugenie of York).

mnistooaddictive Sun 01-May-11 20:55:23

I know thatbone carve. Legally she is princess Louise and could use that title. Edward and Sophie decided though that they wanted their children to be treated as the children of an earl and nit a prince so they could have a normal upbringing hmm
she is therefore known as lady Louise but could use princess is she wants to when older as legally it is her name.

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 01-May-11 21:00:00

Bluebell123 - I THINK Kate's fraternal grandfather is still alive, but no mention of him at wedding. Anyone know if he was there, or was too infirm?

carve133 Sun 01-May-11 21:01:37

Thanks mnistooaddictive. Knew someone would know. Like how she gets to decide whether she calls herself a princess. smile

HazeltheMcWitch Sun 01-May-11 21:02:11

Oh, gosh, scratch my previous post - have just googled and found he has only recently passed away.

If it was Sarah Burton that was in the front of the car and/or help her into the car then why did the press have to wait until she got out of the car at the Abbey to confirm that she was the designer? Surely they would have seen her and known it was her as she helped her into the car?

I assumed that it was an assistant of the designer maybe?

Jojay Sun 01-May-11 21:10:28

Were there any kids at the wedding, apart from the bridesmaids / pageboys? I didn't see any. If not, why not?

Waswondering Sun 01-May-11 21:23:19

I want to know who was in the passenger seat of the bride's car - I assumed it was the dress designer but not sure from an ealier post suggesting Sarah travelled separately and met her at the Abbey. So was the passenger a "Ros" type character from Spooks?

Also - re the Middletons meeting C&C - about 2 weeks before the engagement the Press and Jounal (Aberdeen's paper) was full of the fact that C&C had hosted a weekend for the Middletons at Birkhall, near Balmoral ... then 2 weeks later there was the engagement. Who knows ....

PatientGriselda Sun 01-May-11 21:25:33

It was the "last line of defence" protection officer in the fr

PatientGriselda Sun 01-May-11 21:27:35

...in the front seat of the car. Her name is Sgt. Emma Probert.

It looked like Sarah Burton and that's what the paper said yesterday. Could be wrong though.

Was quite difficult to see her face at the Goring - she was bent over the dress

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 01-May-11 21:37:33

I still want to know whether there were toilets in the abbey [grumpy].

Maybe they all had shewee's and buckets grin.

oohlaalaa Sun 01-May-11 21:37:46

Me and DH thought the nuns with trainers were armed police officers wink

Waswondering Sun 01-May-11 21:39:30

Did the nuns wear trainers??? We commented on them too!!

bronze Sun 01-May-11 21:40:00

It was Emma Prbert because the papers made a huge fuss about how she was recently widowed

dearprudence Sun 01-May-11 22:31:55

I want to know how the proprietor of 'Wings Luxury Travel' got the gig. They must be bloody delighted with themselves.

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 01-May-11 23:04:20

I noticed that too prudence. I was very impressed by the advertising grin.

lilnutter Sun 01-May-11 23:07:35

wonder what her old,new,borrowed and blue was..

hocuspontas Sun 01-May-11 23:13:17

The tiara was borrowed and there was something blue sewn into the dress. Don't know about the old and new

monkey9237 Sun 01-May-11 23:15:20

I read somewhere that the 'borrowed' item was the Queens tiara, the 'blue' item was a blue ribbon sewn into her dress, the 'new' was the diamond earrings she wore, a gift from her parents and I forget what her 'old' was...

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Sun 01-May-11 23:15:26

Well presumably the tiara and the ring were old as well. And the dress was new.

monkey9237 Sun 01-May-11 23:18:43

Courtesy of Google "old was represented by a lace technique dating back to the 1800s on her wedding dress. Designer Sarah Burton of Alexander McQueen used traditional Carrickmacross craftsmanship in making the gown."

The ring was new....hand crafted in Wales using gold gifted by the royal family I think...

megapixels Sun 01-May-11 23:38:44

There were some children at the wedding. When the royals who came by bus (!) were walking in I noticed some children there.

That was Sarah Burton in the front of the car. Do you really think a protection officer would have been rearranging the train as it skirted the unknown soldier's tomb hmm
The media didn't announce it because a) she was wearing a mahoooosive hat and b) they had the information on their desks but it was embargoed till Kate arrived at the abbey.

QueenLaQueefer Sun 01-May-11 23:53:26

I love the cartwheeling verger!grin

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 07:05:00

[[ http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/royal-wedding/article-23944842-bravery-of-kate-middletons-bodyguard-after-husbands-inquest.do Emma Probert in car ]]

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 07:05:44

Bollocks. Trying again

[[ http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/standard/royal-wedding/article-23944842-bravery-of-kate-middletons-bodyguard-after-husbands-inquest.do ]]

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 07:06:19
yousankmybattleship Mon 02-May-11 07:16:39

I want to know who paid the bill at the Goring. Did the hotel give them a freebie because of all the poblicity or did we (tax payers) pay for it? I can't believe Kate had to check out and wait while they made sure she hadn't made any phonecalls or eaten the peanuts from the minibar!

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 07:19:44

Tax payers only paid for the cost of the security operation, so it would either have been the royal family or the Middletons.

The Middletons paid for everything at the Goring

Northern - it wasn't Sarah Burton in the front of the car, she must have got into a car following Kate. The woman sitting in the front was definitely Emma Probert, she had dark hair for a start and Sarah Burton is blonde.

meditrina Mon 02-May-11 08:36:42

The car front seat passenger was wearing beige/black: the dress designer was in green/black.

I don't know if the Goring gave any discounts, but it's been widely reported that that was a Middleton part of the bill.

meditrina Mon 02-May-11 08:37:38

X-ssed

blush How unreasonable of security to wear something similar to the designer!

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 10:36:26

i did wonder about the fact that security was wearing quite a wife brimmed hat. I'm sure they weren't expecting that she would need to do anything, but it looked to me like something that would get in the way if she did need to scrap with a mad attacker...

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 10:36:51

Wide-brimmed...

Perhaps the hat had a steel brim a la Oddjob? grin

The commentator said 'Here is Kate with her personal bodyguard, getting into the car'

PatientGriselda Mon 02-May-11 12:14:00

Ooh yes, or some sort of gas capsule, which would be set off by the removal of the hat!

corblimeymadam Mon 02-May-11 14:20:33

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Mon 02-May-11 20:09:00

Oh, thanks for that belgianbun smile. I was actually quite worried about so many people being stuck loo-less for such a long time.

I feel sorry for the bodyguard. Must be tough to lose your husband and then have to be bodyguard to "newlyweds" sad. Rotten luck, a ski accident on an easy slope.

manicmummyoftwo Mon 02-May-11 21:26:03

I would like to know why Joss Stone and Ben Fogle were there - they can't be friends of Prince William surely?

Joss Stone is apparently. No idea about Ben Fogle (and no idea why I know so much about all this when I'm a republican through and through grin). It's a bit like a posh soap opera though smile

manicmummyoftwo Mon 02-May-11 21:31:58

Thanks Christine! I have to admit to being far more hooked than I thought I would! But Ben Fogle........? Please......so much for close friends and family smile

Maryz Cote D'Ivoire Mon 02-May-11 21:41:10

Ben Fogle was there with (I think) a very pregnant wife. She was one of the ones I was worried about with my loo issues grin. I have no idea why, but he did a few of those "challenge" things, so maybe the princes were involved in those?

meditrina Mon 02-May-11 21:52:37

Ben Fogle went with the Princes to Africa to make a documentary and they have been friends since.

Here's a press article about them (sorry that it's DM, but it's okay on this.

Oh maryz - I love that you have been worrying about the pregnant ladies and the loo situation grin Perhaps they were all wearing Tena Ladies in case of accident?

meditrina Tue 03-May-11 00:34:09

For anyone who might not have seen it elsewhere (as the news agenda has changed sharply today), here's a link with a pic of the bouquet on the grave of the Unknown Soldier (about half-way down). It says queues to get into the Abbey to see it with tropes and bouquet have been much larger than usual (about 1,000 ft).

QueenLaQueefer Tue 03-May-11 16:21:49

Christine, a colleague of mine went to watch and actually wore tena lady intending to piss herself rather than loose her spot.[cconfused]

SophieJo Wed 04-May-11 20:15:46

Who was the person who took a photo of Kate and her father in the car before it left the hotel.I think it was a woman who leaned on the passenger seat looking towards the back seat.

Housewife2010 Wed 04-May-11 20:41:46

Is James Middleton a friend of Dorothy?

SophieJo Thu 05-May-11 19:56:02

Just wondering why Queen Beatrix of Holland did not attend the wedding.

ChateauRouge Fri 06-May-11 10:32:25

sophijo- it is possibly because she is Head of State, and the Royal Wedding was not a State Occasion?

Otherwise all the guests would have been the Heads of State (Obama, Sarkozy, Putin etc)

GypsyMoth Fri 06-May-11 10:38:05

have found Kates earring at links of london.....and i want them!!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now