Has there been a thread about the TREES in the Abbey yet?

(13 Posts)
Beavermum Thu 05-May-11 00:55:35

Awful just needed a litter bin next to them

Backinthebox Tue 03-May-11 22:40:15

I have only just seen this thread. The minute I saw them I knew where Kate was coming from - you should see the Avenue of Oaks where her parents live! I am lucky enough to drive along the Avenue most days, and it is awe-inspiring. The only thing I was surprised about was that they chose field maples and not oaks.

Mamathulu Fri 29-Apr-11 21:35:59

Fan-bloody-tastic, cross-religious, a touch pagan, down to earth but elegant, and apparently smelt gorgeous too - the ONLY way to get married in a church and is so going to set off a trend I hope think! Flowers are out, Trees in!

Geocentric Fri 29-Apr-11 21:31:54

Funnily enough, although they were, um, trees, I thought they looked more low-key than massive flower arrangements. Simple and "unfussy".

usualsuspect Fri 29-Apr-11 21:20:59

I thought they looked odd

hester Fri 29-Apr-11 21:20:13

I loved the trees.

Message withdrawn at poster's request.

FessaEst Fri 29-Apr-11 21:15:32

I'm glad the trees are going to be replanted. That was DH's sole comment relating to the wedding "I feel sorry for those trees!"

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 21:14:06

of course! I never thought of them planting them.
that's nice then, you could (or rather they could) go and wander through a little woodland grove that would remind you of the wedding.

I liked them in relation to the Perp architecture of the abbey - the style of architecture is said to be inspired by trees and to have actual trees in there just underlined how BIG the building is.

BluddyMoFo Fri 29-Apr-11 21:13:03

You'd be fucked off if you were there and sat behind one though! grin

Shallishanti Fri 29-Apr-11 21:11:54

my neighbour told me about this
it's the ONLY thing I have heard about the event that is remotely interesting
cut flowers always strike me as a bit wasteful, trees can be planted

curses! what am I doing posting on a RW thread grin

CMOTdibbler Fri 29-Apr-11 21:10:04

I thought they were lovely, and they are going to be planted at Highgrove after, so not wasted like cut flowers

SybilBeddows Fri 29-Apr-11 21:07:56

WDYT of the trees then?
I quite like them.
It's a bit 'we are so incredibly rich we don't just have flowers, we have WHOLE TREES' though.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now