Bengal "brutes" in Mail online

(50 Posts)
Papergirl1968 Fri 18-Nov-16 08:15:42

Slightly hysterical article in today's Mail online about wild and vicious bengals terrorising their neighbourhoods. Can't link, sorry.
It's very OTT!

Weedsnseeds1 Fri 18-Nov-16 08:39:54

I like the bit about it only being a matter of time before they attack a baby!

lljkk Fri 18-Nov-16 08:41:25

The Wail, OTT? Who would have thought...

ryderandthepups Fri 18-Nov-16 08:46:56

Ridiculous DM as usual!

FrankH Fri 18-Nov-16 10:10:37

I suppose you could regard Bengals as aliens, foreigners etc.! It's all about "getting our country back".grin

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Nov-16 12:55:46

Some of its true though, ours will attack any cat he sees in the street.

Greenteandchives Fri 18-Nov-16 13:01:31

My Bengal is embarrassing. The neighbours hate him. He howls and yowls and is always brawling in the street. blush. He refuses any cuddling. We try hard to love him but he makes it very difficult.

GardenGeek Fri 18-Nov-16 19:07:23

My bengal is lovely. When he bites (both play bites and leave me alone stranger picking me up) he never bites hard, its like a little love bite.

He only once accidentally scratched someone with a tiny bleed.

He even sneaks next door to the neighbours when they feed the hedgehog; and waits for it to finish its tea before going and eating his seconds.

Hes very well mannered grin

GardenGeek Fri 18-Nov-16 19:13:39

www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-3948094/Bengal-BRUTES-terrorising-tabbies-Aggressive-hungry-territory-mistaken-leopards-claws-out.html

Hahah, here is the link.

It is about the forriners taking over the land!

But FWIW DPs british short hairs (because tabby is not a breed), actually are the ones to terrorise our Bengal boy.

Papergirl1968 Fri 18-Nov-16 19:22:46

How did you do the link, Geek?

Fluffycloudland77 Fri 18-Nov-16 20:35:23

I don't think they'd ever go for a baby, it's all focused on other cats. Ours is scared of dogs, even when the dog is smaller than him.

Iamdobby63 Fri 18-Nov-16 21:14:47

Stupid article! My big beefy Bengal boy is always getting picked on by the local moggies.

Madbengalmum Sat 19-Nov-16 16:39:56

Message deleted by MNHQ. Here's a link to our Talk Guidelines.

crayfish Sat 19-Nov-16 16:56:37

Haha, they haven't met my two! Mine are pathetic, they couldn't terrorise a spider let alone another cat. They are noisy and very very in-your-face sociable attention seekers creatures though, so I know they can be irritating to me my neighbours.

crayfish Sat 19-Nov-16 16:58:06

Also, 4kg isn't particularly big for a cat. My two weigh about that much and the vet always tells me they are underweight.

ItsAllGoingToBeFine Sat 19-Nov-16 16:58:47

Madbengalmum That was a pretty homophobic comment - you may wish to think before you post...

RustyPaperclip Sat 19-Nov-16 18:40:11

You beat me to it OP, I was just about to link to the article but checked first. I am new to the Bengal breed but my Bengal cross is quite honestly the sweetest not so little cat I have ever been fortunate to know. He was rehomed because he was being bullied but the neighbours cats.

It worries me that the article will create a lot of bad will towards Bengals. A quick peruse of the comments shows that people are speculating when they will start attacking babies.

Most of my experience is from owning moggies and Siamese but if my experience of my current Bengal cross is anything to go by, I will be rescuing many more smile

Yet again the Daily Mail should you be ashamed for trying to whip people up in a frenzy

MoonfaceAndSilky Sat 19-Nov-16 18:51:02

He howls and yowls and is always brawling in the street. He refuses any cuddling
Ours is like this too, the noise he makes is soooooo loud. When he comes in, he finds it really hard to settle, he just wanders around the house howling at the top of his voice. He does like a cuddle though but only when HE wants a cuddle.

Ridiculous article in the DM.

RustyPaperclip Sat 19-Nov-16 18:56:55

Oh and apparently I must be anti social for owning a Bengal hmm My Bengal boy is the friendliest cat I know, he adores my toddler niece and she adores him too

RubbishMantra Sat 19-Nov-16 19:05:01

Both my boys weigh over 4kg. One is a small breed, but muscular.

I suppose the Fail are finding their readers getting bored of so called "Devil Dogs", and are now looking for the feline equivalent.

There's enough cruelty towards cats, through intention and neglect as it is.

Before we moved, MCat had a lovely Bengal friend that would miaow politely at the window, so they could bask in the lavender together.

RustyPaperclip Sat 19-Nov-16 19:34:25

Totally agree Mantra, are Bengals going to be treated as the cat equivalent of Staffies (lovely dogs in my view) now?

My Bengal boy woke me up this morning by patting my mouth with his paw (no claws) and then snuggled under the duvet for a cuddle, the beast that he is! grin

RustyPaperclip Sat 19-Nov-16 19:35:22

Look at this brute!! grin

RustyPaperclip Sat 19-Nov-16 19:41:33

Oh bloody hell, I need to pay more attention when picking photos, I've just accidentally flashed a leg shockblush running away to hide with my Bengal Brute now

LowDudgeon Sat 19-Nov-16 19:46:00

My boy is a galumphing 6kg half Bengal (but he is very Bengal)

This is him sitting in a box, because it's what my 2 tiny girl moggies (3-4kg) do, but looking baffled because he just doesn't get it grin

He is a bit of an animal, but when he's not having a mad hour he's quite gentle & very loving.

I feel sorry for any animal forced to stay outside all day sad

RustyPaperclip Sat 19-Nov-16 19:51:54

Dudgeon he looks so much like my boy! Bengal boy loves boxes, they are his current favourite thing

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now