Change of behaviour, just his age?

(7 Posts)
Alakazam7 Tue 15-Nov-16 07:24:11

My nearly one year old black and white boy came to me at four months old having been rescued with his mum and siblings as a baby. He was a cuddly affectionate kitten but for around the last month or so he has changed a lot. He doesn't purr as much as he used to, not nearly as cuddly and since I got some feliway last week to see if that would help he has started sleeping in his own bed instead of on mine. He still loves playing and is eating normally. Do cats go through some kind of stroppy teenage phase or should I be more concerned?

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 08:35:16

Has he already been neutered? smile

Alakazam7 Tue 15-Nov-16 09:57:26

Yes neutered before he came to me at around 3-4 months

cozietoesie Tue 15-Nov-16 11:46:48

It may be that you're receiving a little taste of his adult character now. Perhaps he's just that bit more stand-offish as an adult compared to his kitten time. (I've grown used to Siamese lovebugs and when The Lodger joined us, I was quite taken aback by how little - comparatively speaking - he talked and his habit of taking himself away for a snooze of an afternoon. The idea of a cat who didn't want to be with a human most of the time was disconcerting. grin)

When is he due for his annual check? That might ease your mind. smile

Alakazam7 Tue 15-Nov-16 13:42:11

He's due a check in January. I just hate to think of him being unhappy somehow, although he doesn't seem to be. It's just such a change from how he was. I was hoping it would be temporary!

Weedsnseeds1 Tue 15-Nov-16 14:33:04

Give it 15 years or so and he'll move on to clingy geriatric cat mode if my old girl was anything to go by!

Alakazam7 Tue 15-Nov-16 17:20:47

Thanks I'll look forward to that then! Here's a few pictures of him looking quite happy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now