My cats ashes and fur

(8 Posts)
GeoffTheRef Fri 11-Nov-16 14:22:14

I've just picked up my beloved cats ashes, piece of fur and paw print from the vets sad

He was a huge part of my life, I'm going to get his paw done as a tattoo but has anyone seen or heard of anything nice to do with the ashes and fur?

Wolfiefan Fri 11-Nov-16 14:23:49

I'm so sorry for your loss. I have seen jewellery made with horse hair. Not sure if that would work. Also seen jewellery made with ashes. The tattoo sounds like a lovely tribute.

ghostyslovesheets Fri 11-Nov-16 14:25:30

how sad sad our lovely cats ashes are still in the box - we want to scatter them in his favorite field - but haven't found the time!

Wolfiefan Fri 11-Nov-16 14:26:34

I have some horse tail. But I haven't done anything yet. I'm so worried it will go missing if I post it off.

MsMims Fri 11-Nov-16 14:31:07

I'm so sorry for your loss, they are members of the family. flowers

A couple of ideas for the ashes and fur - we have a photo album full of their pictures and the fur popped in one of slots. Find it quite hard to see the fur sometimes so prefer to have the choice when to see it.

For the ashes, you can get photo frames with a small box on the back to put the ashes in. I think it is nicer (not the right word but don't know else how to say it) to use one of these than a casket.

GeoffTheRef Fri 11-Nov-16 14:31:39

I love the idea of jewellery with his fur, I hadn't seen that before.

GeoffTheRef Fri 11-Nov-16 14:32:47

The frame with the ashes sounds lovely too. I still feel so lost without him.

MsMims Fri 11-Nov-16 14:45:43

Be kind to yourself Geoff they leave a huge gap and it must be so recent if you've only just had the ashes back flowers

I still miss and think of the cats we've lost most days, one was PTS almost two years ago and the other earlier this year.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now