Injured cat missing

(4 Posts)
TiredAndDeadly Wed 09-Nov-16 22:14:15

Cat (neutered and chipped) went missing last Friday night.

We've had cats for years. This beauty is 2 and a half years old.

She has a fractured pelvis

She's supposed to be on 'cage/bed rest' and she's got out. We opened the window to listen to the rain( not thinking-our fault) and she bolted.

That was last fri pm. It's wed pm now.

Checked everywhere. Actually worried sick.

Pls tell me about your cats that have returned .....

thecatneuterer Thu 10-Nov-16 00:10:24

Oh no. That's very worrying. And yes, lots of cats return but, as she's injured, you need to be even more proactive than you would normally. Ask to check in the gardens of all your neighbours. Ask if you can look yourself. Look under bushes etc. Posters, flyers through letterboxes, the works.

Good luck.

BeBopTalulah Thu 10-Nov-16 07:28:48

One of our cats went missing for a week last year, we were beside ourselves. We walked around the area daily (usually at about 4am before work) calling, we phoned all the vets in the area and we also made simple posters with details and a photo, and posted them through letterboxes. Luckily a neighbour about a mile away had him and contacted us. He'd been in her house for 5 days because she felt sorry for him hmm

If she's obviously unwell or limping around it's quite possible someone has taken her in or is feeding her thinking she's just a poor soul. The posters through letterboxes worked for us. Not all 'good samaritans' will take a cat to be scanned for a chip automatically.

Fluffycloudland77 Thu 10-Nov-16 15:46:17

I am sorry, I hope you find her.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now