Can anyone recommend timed feeder and a water fountain?

(8 Posts)
ChickenVindaloo Sat 29-Oct-16 20:12:16

Hi,

I'd like to discourage my cat from waking me at all hours for breakfast (esp on the weekend) by having her fed automatically at a certain time whether I'm awake or not! Ideally one that can go in the dishwasher.

I'm also keen on getting her to drink more water and have heard a flowing water encourages this.

She's a 10yr old female.

Many thanks!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 29-Oct-16 20:20:31

Ours broke into the cat mate auto feeder & ignored the fountain after a week.

She might just want your company & the foods a bonus.

ChickenVindaloo Sat 29-Oct-16 20:50:22

Thanks Fluffy!
I've taken the plunge and ordered a fountain and feeder off zooplus. I'll give them a whirl but I expect they may end up in the bin at some stage! Bloody cats eh!

Fluffycloudland77 Sat 29-Oct-16 20:57:25

I lock ours in the utility room over night. He has two scratch pads, an extra tall scratch post, his catnip mouse, water, food and litter.

He sleeps in his dog bed then bangs on the cat flap until one of gets up to see to him. I get to sleep till 7 on the week end.

ChickenVindaloo Sat 29-Oct-16 21:52:44

grin @ "sleep in til 7!"

Mine has taken to her winter bed on top of the wardrobe so I might not see much of her til spring!

Toddlerteaplease Sun 30-Oct-16 17:57:25

Feeling smug. My girls never demand food and are very considerate of my lie ins. They join me about 8am for snuggles. and we get up about 9. On days off.

KwazyKupcakes Sun 06-Nov-16 23:30:58

Following - interested to hear how the water fountain goes...

ChickenVindaloo Mon 07-Nov-16 00:49:42

The water fountain itself is ok. A bit noisy. But good size and easy to set up. She has yet to pay it any attention. That I've seen anyway.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now