My nice wake up call...

(9 Posts)
salemtheteenagecat Wed 19-Oct-16 13:31:56

My beautiful knobhead cat has decided that the sofa is a lovely warm comfy place to sleep from bedtime till 5:30 amazing you might say until 5:30....

I think she worried that i won't possible know that she is ok so takes upon herself to run around our bedroom three or four times meow very loudly then off outside for an hour or so...I suppose it is nice to know she is ok but really any need to be such a knob about it!

Shut your bedroom door you might say..tried that result: constant meowing for an hour that only I can hear (dp can't hear a single meow) the circling around the bedroom for 5mins a lot easier.

How is your morning wake up call like?

Why is your cat a knob?

YesItsMeIDontCare Wed 19-Oct-16 13:38:18

Mine scratches the bottom of the bed and opens the very creaky cupboard door.

We tried shutting out too... fucking disaster.

hmm

NotAPuffin Wed 19-Oct-16 13:50:40

One of ours leaps onto the bed miaowing her head off at about 6am, demanding headrubs at the top of her voice. She's very loud.

The other clip clops into the bedroom like a little goat (we're not in our own house at the moment - she was much quieter on carpet!) and roams round the bed non-stop till we lift her in (she can't jump that high). Then she tramples up and down the bed, leaving big clawmarks all over us, till she finds DH's face, at which point she promptly flumps down on it and purrs at deafening volume, telling him how much she missed him and how good it is to be drooling all over his face.

Our 6 and 4 year old children are better behaved in the morning than the blasted cats.

FunSponge82 Wed 19-Oct-16 14:09:34

My cat is deaf..... you've never heard anything like it.
Describing it loud doesn't do his "let's scare everybody shitless" meow justice shockgrin

icandoscience Wed 19-Oct-16 14:21:46

There are too many reasons why my cat is a knob to list them all here! Lots relate to his behaviour overnight and his arsenal of wake-up calls:

Now it is getting cold he likes to sleep on my pillow all night. Ideally he would like it if I stayed off the pillow altogether while her is there, so uses his back feet to try and bunny-kick me off said pillow at regular intervals.

Some of his repertoire of wake up calls:

Paw in my mouth
Paw in my eye
Wet nose in my ear
Single claw in my lower lip
Jumping from a high chest of drawers and landing right on my chest
Knocking my glasses/clock/phone off my bedside table
This morning's choice: Tunnelling under the duvet from the bottom of the bed and pouncing on my toes (with claws)

Mostly he leaves DP alone as I am the one in charge of kitty breakfast, though he did once plonk his bum on DP's face in the night. He's never attempted it again.

If we shut him out of the bedroom he howls, scratches and pulls the carpet out from its grip thing that goes across the door. angry

VesperMartini Wed 19-Oct-16 15:46:48

Clawing the chest of drawers
Sitting on my chest and STARING at me
"Non consensual stroking" - if there is a hand above the covers you will be woken by a cold nose wriggling underneath it until you are stroking his head
Opening the (squeaky) wardrobe so he can climb in and sit on the suitcase. He's never been a cat for boxes, but show him a potentially concave surface...

If we shut him out he YOWLS and somehow manages to invert his paws so he can claw the underneath of the door.

ChequeOff Wed 19-Oct-16 17:01:51

A toy mouse dropped on my face this morning as a "wake up, it's play time" call. At 5am!!
shock

JamieVardysParty Wed 19-Oct-16 17:10:38

One normally sleeps perfectly on the end of the bed until 5.30am, where he crawls up me, lies on my chest purring in my face and pawing me. Once I pat him on the head, he settles down again after a bit of suckling/kneading on me.

About 6.30 the other one comes in from the other bedroom and starts trying to catch my toes. They then both start walking all over DH and I, one trying to scratch me, before DH gets up at 7am and they both leg it to the food cupboard meowing like demons until they get fed.

Toddlerteaplease Thu 20-Oct-16 22:42:38

Ah yes the bunny kick off the pillow.. first she sits on my head and grooms vigorously. Not comfortable. Then manages to take over most of the entire pillow. Her sister on the other hand is an angel and will cuddle up next to me but never disturbs me. (Apart from when she's having s very noisy drink from her glass of water. Or marching back and forth round the bed like a heard of elephants!)

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now