Poor Harry, another trip to the vets

(12 Posts)
PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 10-Oct-16 12:45:56

It's his eye this time. I noticed on Thursday that under his left eye looked red and, on closer inspection, found what looks like a scratch on his lower eyelid. I phoned the vets on Friday and they told me to keep it clean so we've been bathing it in diluted hibiscrub. It seemed to be OK but this morning it looks puffier and DH thinks he has seen what looks like white pus on it (I'm at work so will be checking later!).

I've got him an appointment this evening but I'm really regretting not taking the poor little chap Friday evening or Saturday morning. He's been fine in himself, eating normally and chasing his imaginary friends so I didn't want to drag him off unnecessarily.

cozietoesie Mon 10-Oct-16 12:54:44

Poor Harry indeed. I can understand your reluctance to take him to the vet given his recent experiences and general attitude to them. I'm fairly phobic about trouble with eyes though - they're at the vets if they so much as look at me cross-eyed - so I'm not the best person to give a view.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 10-Oct-16 13:00:08

It wasn't puffy and the redness seemed to go down so I thought the cleaning would do the trick. He does get watery eyes so we presumed that might have had something to do with it until we saw the scratch. The vet didn't seem too worried either as the actual eye was fine and he was very lively!

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 10-Oct-16 13:01:47

This is the best picture I could get over the weekend - he wasn't happy about being papped!

cozietoesie Mon 10-Oct-16 13:04:11

I think you reacted fine, by the way. The vet might not have seen the scratch either - or it all might have cleared up. Not everything is a vet visit.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 10-Oct-16 13:44:38

Thanks cozie. I'm trying not to turn into a hypochondriac with him! I had a look at his eye at lunchtime and it wasn't as bad as I was expecting but it definitely needs checking out.

I'm wondering if he did it himself. He's not the most delicate cat in the world, especially when he scratches! I had to pull an old claw out of his chin once as he'd managed to imbed it!

Fluffycloudland77 Mon 10-Oct-16 14:13:43

Good grief, he does go through the mill doesn't he?.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 10-Oct-16 14:31:04

He'd only had two visits to the vet (apart from his jabs) until the beginning of the year - I think he's making up for lost time!

cozietoesie Mon 10-Oct-16 15:56:04

Ha! Seniorboy receives a Xmas card from his vets - that's how often he's there. blush

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 10-Oct-16 17:48:37

We've just got back from the vet and it's a mystery! The skin is irritated but not infected so he's had a steroid injection to calm it and we've got to keep an eye on it (no pun intended) and take him back if it's no better by the end of the week.

He's well known at the vets now, everyone came out to see 'Little Harry' and said how lovely it was to see him. Safe to say he didn't agree!

cozietoesie Mon 10-Oct-16 17:54:03

At least a good snarl is honest. Seniorboy flirts so madly at the practice that it's almost embarrassing at times. (Eg when I've painted a picture of him nearing death's door and he's putting his best foot forward. grin)

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 11-Oct-16 10:44:31

There was no snarl, just disdain! When they were all being nice to him he turned his back on them and presented the vet with his rear end.

I love Seniorboy!

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now