Omega 3 and dry food.

(7 Posts)
Toddlerteaplease Thu 29-Sep-16 12:32:43

One of my princesses has got quite dry skin and occasionally has dandruff. Vet had suggested an omega 3 supplement. But as they only have dry food I'm not sure how to get one into them. Can they be mixed with water? Don't want to be giving lik e lix every day coz they already need to loose weight.

WeirdAndPissedOff Thu 29-Sep-16 15:09:37

We use something called "easipill" when ours need tablets.
I can't find anything re calorie information, but they seem like they'd be less "snacky" than lick-e-lix.

It's a big like play-doh - you tear off a little bit and cover the pill in it, and the cat eats it. It really stinks, though!

Otherwise, can you mix it in with your cat's normal food? Or crush and sprinkle?
You can also just administer by hand, though that usually ends with bloodloss and a very stressed cat!

Toddlerteaplease Thu 29-Sep-16 17:57:35

The stuff the vet suggested is liquid so can't really go on dry food. Might just mix it with watering their favourite glass and see how it goes. They are really good drinkers

Toddlerteaplease Mon 03-Oct-16 19:53:55

£12 for a tube of skin supplement and the little buggers won't touch it!! Even mixed with dreeemies and lik e lix. Can I take it back?!!

DameDiazepamTheDramaQueen Wed 05-Oct-16 10:10:53

Have you tried a piece of liver without the meds on and then the next piece with it on?

Toddlerteaplease Wed 05-Oct-16 10:30:02

Think I'll just stick to the dreemies with added omega 3 in. They are only £1 and I know the buggers will eat them!

Toddlerteaplease Wed 05-Oct-16 10:30:47

I have seen something very similar to lik e lix but it's for dogs so not sure if to risk it.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now