Kitten milk

(7 Posts)
Rachcakes Thu 22-Sep-16 08:52:08

Ozzy is 10 weeks now and really settled but still not that struck with his wet food.
He LOVES his kitten milk.
He had it twice a day before he came home with us, and the lady said cut down to once a day for a week then stop. But he cries for it and lets me know that he wants his milk (twice a day).
I'm going to get him some better food today, but what do we think of kitten milk?
I'm soft and think he's still a baby and if he wants it, let him have it. Apparently out of the litter of 7 he was always first onto mum at feeding time.

AdaLovelacesCat Thu 22-Sep-16 08:55:34

awwww well if he likes it then let him have it.
(turning into mad cat lady in middle age here)

YesItsMeIDontCare Thu 22-Sep-16 08:55:46

I honestly don't know, but Leroy gets a little saucer of cat milk most days because he loves it! Vet says a little bit as a treat is fine as long as they're still mostly drinking water.

At least you're not giving him full fat cow milk. 😱

AdaLovelacesCat Thu 22-Sep-16 08:57:13

I don't give Antigone kitten milk but that is probably because I am mean with money.

Rachcakes Thu 22-Sep-16 12:25:58

Oh no, proper kitten milk, warmed up for a few seconds in the microwave, and left to stand to prevent hotspots.
He does drink plenty of water too, and does plenty of wees in his tray.
I'll let him have it then. He's only a baby.

Artandco Thu 22-Sep-16 12:28:43

My cat living with parents has kitten milk still every day. He's 14 years old

FantasieImpromptu Thu 22-Sep-16 12:38:31

Our cats (now adults) had milk on a regular basis until one had dental problems and vet told us it's linked to regularly drinking the cat milk.
We're such softies too- I'm trying to think about the cats' health so try to refrain but DH crumbles when the cat cries start.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now