Mcat, dirty stop-out

(22 Posts)
RubbishMantra Wed 21-Sep-16 00:34:31

He scampered out just at curfew, (9-sh, this time of year).

I've had to lock the flap, both ways , as Little Monsieur is an expert lock picker, and can open flap when set to 'in only', and I don't want him disappearing into the night. He's not streetwise like MCat.

I can see my little fucker prince, lording it up on the 10' wall, but will he come in...noooo.

Little M making making mournful noises cause his Big Bro's not inside.

I've left his supper and water outside - is there anything else I can do? Apart from waiting up all night? He's a bit of a hit with the ladies, despite being neutered.

In that situation I would leave the flap unlocked and shut LM in a separate room where he can't get to the flap.

I hope he's back now.

Lanaorana1 Thu 22-Sep-16 15:08:08

Is he back? Little tinker.

Mr C's speciality is shooting through the front door as I lock it for the night. He just wants to sit on the mat, preferably with me standing there, door open, in my pants. He occasionally asks me to patrol the corridor with him but I draw the line at doing that in pants.

Mcat will be fine, he's probably in the cat pub having cat V&Ts with some Dreamie nibbles and whispering 'Have I not see you on Youtube madam' to local ladeeze.

RubbishMantra Thu 22-Sep-16 15:47:55

Thanks for enquiring about MCat.Oh yes, he came back that night. I was woken up by Little M shouting that Big Beefy Bro was outside. Crying like an abandoned child. Not so Charley Big Potatoes now eh?

Little M shoots through the front door (despite having a cat-flap in the back door), and I feel your pain Lana - the amount of times I've had to rescue him in pants and vest. and my front door opens onto a main street. Thing is, he gets out the front and he's like hmm - "Like what am I supposed to do now? Aah, here's Big Momma to rescue me". Big sigh of relief for us both. Silly puss-cats.

MCat now wants a diamond encrusted knuckle-duster. And diamonds set in his fangs. Little M just wants to dance and sing. And perhaps some dreads with clacky beads braided into his absurdly floofy tail.

RubbishMantra Thu 22-Sep-16 16:31:25

Here they are, safe and sound - Little M praying for a swift return of MCat, and the other photograph showing them asleep together in their baby blanket. (Little M sort of blends in with the blanket though.)

allsfairinlove Thu 22-Sep-16 18:02:48

Cute pics! Glad MCat is back safe and sound.

allsfairinlove Thu 22-Sep-16 18:04:31

I thought little M's collar were headphones at first glance! grin

RubbishMantra Fri 23-Sep-16 08:29:53

grin allsfair, that's his tracking device.

He does like music though, and our local pub frequently have bands on. Little M often joins in, in his own 'special' way.

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 23-Sep-16 10:05:07

He does blend in!

How is Little M so cute?

Lanaorana1 Fri 23-Sep-16 10:42:48

OOh, the faintmaking schweetness. Of course cats come back, they always do.

I rolled on Mr C in the night and look like a mugshot of a mugging victim. Dreadful bloodstains on me, sheets etc. Am slapping foundation on my arms and chest as we speak. Little furry is slumbering peacefully on centre of bed spread eagled, rasping snores echoing across Clapham Common.

RubbishMantra Fri 23-Sep-16 12:13:18

Aah Lana, so that's where the blood-stains on my sheets come from... MCat emits a belligerent yowly hiss when I have the audacity to move a toe. But he obviously waits until I'm deeply asleep before the bloodshed ensues - I twitch a lot in my sleep.

You know if we posted this in Relationships or AIBU we'd get a resounding, unanimous "LTB"!

To make up for MCat's bitey ways, Little M is a dream of a co-sleeper... apart from re-arranging the duvet, so I only have a corner....

I think Devons have a cuteness gene ilove, - big eyes, upturned noses, little grumpy faces - that we're sort of hooked into, (even though I don't have a maternal bone in my body) And they're little alien clowns/attention whores. grin And they sing! And my little M grows random ringlets on his body, at the moment ringlets on hocks seem to be de rigueur. grin

I am so grateful for my pair of sillies.

cozietoesie Fri 23-Sep-16 12:16:58

No biting in bed is one of our 3 House Rules. grin

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 23-Sep-16 12:54:04

What age is he now? I feel like you've had him a while but he looks very kittenish next to MC

RubbishMantra Fri 23-Sep-16 13:47:24

He's 2 and a half now, ilove. He's still very kittenish in his ways and looks, typical of his breed. Devons remain kittenish until they reach a ripe old age. Believe it or not, he weighs a little more than MCat! They're a very compact and muscular breed. Last check up, the vet told me he was at the top end of his weight for a neutered Devon, and to keep an eye on his weight. I think their lack of guard hairs make them appear smaller than they are?

He treats MCat like 'MumCat', actively seeking head-washes, where MCat (a boy) will firmly pin him down, and give him a good wash. Which quickly turns into a biffing/chasing game. grin

Cozie, can you please have a Stern Word with MCat, the main culprit, but if Little M wakes up and feels frisky, my knees bear the brunt. Like you, I do not like being bitten/attacked in bed!

I can't believe Little M has been with me for over 2 years - I remember posting photos of him at a week old - that's how I found MN in fact, looking for cat threads.

cozietoesie Fri 23-Sep-16 13:59:04

Interestingly, the rule translates - in cat minds - to 'No biting at all'. I only ever enforced it in bed but like the other rules, it!s sort of 'leaked'. I just have to give them The Look, these days, and they become very contrite. (If they transgressed, of course, and that would be a very rare thing indeed.)

(This refers mainly to Seniorboy now of course and these days he has a bit of a whip hand on me if he did but know it - a 'Say anything and I'll just die then' sort of thing. I'm rather trading, with him, on the many years of training in the past.)

RubbishMantra Fri 23-Sep-16 15:46:13

Tried 'The Look' - ignored.

Waggle a pointy finger in front of Little M's face - he just swats it and thinks it's a great game. He really is the Peter Pan of the Cat World. He's not really bitey though, he's more like those crocodiles in nature documentaries, with their mouths open all the time. My lovely idiots do this wide open mouth thing, approaching one another's paws, jaws a-gaping, then do 'pretend bites'. grin

MCat does know when he's 'sinned', and at least has the good grace to (sometimes rarely ) scamper off when he draws blood. From me, never Little M.

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 23-Sep-16 15:51:16

Say anything and I'll just die then

grin

To be fair he is a marvellous age. 22 now, right?

cozietoesie Fri 23-Sep-16 16:44:54

It doesn't sound as if you're Topcat in your household, Mantra. grin

Well over 21, ilove. But with a dodgy heart and poor, poor eyesight, hearing etc. He's still a very happy boy but I worry about disciplining him now in case he pops his clogs in the middle of it. I just have to rely on previous training, really.

iloveeverykindofcat Fri 23-Sep-16 17:32:04

Nah, just stroke him and feed him treats.....grin

(I used the much the same threat/tactic against my parents between the ages of 14 and 21, but it never seemed to have as much gravity to it....)

Lanaorana1 Sat 24-Sep-16 23:44:24

The very thought of disciplining Seniorboy doesn't seem quite the thing at all. I am sure he is much too debonair for it even to be a possibility.

MInd you, I'm not sure I'm the right person to provide the capable and experienced advice Mumsnet requires on this key issue of pet obedience.

Mr C smashed the fridge up last night. A pound of mortadella, since you ask, bought for visitors. Who crept off sadly to Costa for packet sandwiches while someone got a soothing tummy rub. He went for the butter as well so I did him a ritz biscuit with a dab of unsalted on it for his bedtime treat.

I must say some visitors to one's home can be very judgemental about one's pet parenting skills, mind you hunger can make people bad-tempered.

M I am with you in spirit re the duvet, it's a life problem. Night after night I wake juddering with cold and hanging onto the bed by the mattress piping while my helpless tiny scrap of fur snores like a drain on the full super-kingsize.

cozietoesie Sat 24-Sep-16 23:55:21

How on earth did he even get into the fridge?? grin

It doesn't sound as if you're a Topcat either, I'm afraid, Lanaor. wink

iloveeverykindofcat Sun 25-Sep-16 06:28:08

Sometimes I wake up in the night to Habibi staring into my face with enormous intense eyes, purring loudly. Then she reaches out one clawed paw....and very deliberately, very firmly, presses my face. She purrs the whole time, but any movement on my part meets with claw. It's a cross between a romance and a scene from The Godfather.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now