Anyone looking to rehome a cat Manchester?

(15 Posts)
HereKittyKit Mon 19-Sep-16 18:38:25

Or know a good rehoming centre?

My cat went missing about 5 months ago and I've given up hope.

I don't want a kitten. I want a snuggly cat. Neutered. Upto date with injections. Flea free and friendly.
My youngest child is 5. Happy with indoor or outdoor cat.

Just miss kitty snuggles in the evening.

PinkSparklyPussyCat Mon 19-Sep-16 18:48:03

I'm so sorry your cat didn't come home.

In the interests of research I had a look at Trafford CP and immediately fell in love with Ritchie. I'm not sure how snuggly he is at the moment but there's something about that little face...

Ritchie

ozymandiusking Mon 19-Sep-16 18:51:58

Try googling Catchat they have all the charities in the north. wonderful photos of cats needing homes.

timtam23 Mon 19-Sep-16 22:03:02

Millstream cat rescue in Droylsden (ashton-under-lyne area) seems like a very caring charity. I sponsor one of their elderly resident moggies who couldn't find a permanent home. There's also a group called Rescue Kitties R Us (can find them on Facebook) based in levenshulme who capture, foster and rehome mainly stray kittens but also quite a few young cats who were the kittens' mums, and a few other random ex-strays. They have an adoption page on Facebook, they ask for a donation & do home checks etc & seem very dedicated, always managing to squeeze more cats into their foster homes
I have heard that Tameside animal shelter is not great (it is not a charity). Manchester & Salford RSPCA also seem very dedicated and have a lot of cats as does the society for abandoned animals in sale (Dane road area)

Starsinthedark Mon 19-Sep-16 22:05:02

Oh, could you be the one these two are looking for? smile

here

RubbishMantra Mon 19-Sep-16 23:04:28

Oh, Ritchie's gorgeous.

He's saying, "Hello, is it me you're looking for?"

gratesnakes Mon 19-Sep-16 23:08:25

Rubbish mantra grin

gratesnakes Mon 19-Sep-16 23:14:34

Please go and look at Richie, OP. Bet he would be up for snuggles all night long.

BrianCoxWithBellsOn Mon 19-Sep-16 23:17:54

Warrington Animal Welfare have lots of cuddly kitties.

Also the RSPCA, Slutchers Lane, Warrington (next door to WAW) They are an independent rehoming centre owned by the RSPCA (so get little funding from the charity)

I've volunteered at both and highly recommend both for care and dedication.

CousinCharlotte Mon 19-Sep-16 23:50:39

Richie looks like the cat for the job smile

RubbishMantra Tue 20-Sep-16 01:22:05

gratesnakes - Are you somewhere feeling lonely?
Or is someone loving you?

Tell me how to win your heart, cause I haven't gotta clue,
But let me tell you Dreamies (and tuna in spring water)
Will help you. grin

I would adopt Ritchie in in a heartbeat if I wasn't darn sarf, and already had a neurotic mog who just about accepted the addition of our little Devon Rex.

RubbishMantra Tue 20-Sep-16 01:30:13

He might even be up for some dancing on the ceiling - mine loves it when I pick him up like a baby, and he can patrol the ceiling and corners for wayward insects.

Please OP, consider battle-eared cat!

RubbishMantra Tue 20-Sep-16 01:42:29

Little M, my Devon just caught and ate a daddy-long-legs with relish. Spat out some legs though. Not juicy enough, apparently. Perhaps a bit like scallops, when you don't like the coral part?

PinkSparklyPussyCat Tue 20-Sep-16 08:51:03

Same here Rubbish! If I thought Harry wouldn't get the arse I'd be asking if Ritchie travels!

RubbishMantra Tue 20-Sep-16 18:39:32

Can't get that bloody Lionel Richie song out of my head now!

HereKittyKit, do you have plans to see the little bruiser? He really is cute...

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now