Maybe missing cat, when should I worry?

(16 Posts)
SnowBallsAreHere Mon 19-Sep-16 17:01:14

She has a habit of flouncing if dinner isn't to her liking, and has recently become an expert at catching birds. So I have trouble getting her in some evenings.
But I haven't seen her the last two nights, or at breakfast either.
We've checked the garage, walked up and down the street shaking dreamies, and no sign of her.
It's not too early to worry & drop her picture and a note in on the neighbours, is it?
I haven't had a cat for a while and it doesn't help that her identical brother is around for every meal, complaining loudly if he considers it to be late.

No, it's not too soon to worry or to ask neighbours to check she's not shut in their shed/garage. Good luck.

Wolfiefan Mon 19-Sep-16 17:09:38

I would let people know. She could be shut in a garage. Also alert vets and local rescue places. We have a local nutter who collects "strays" (who are nothing of the sort) and takes them to rescue places.
Mine are microchipped!

Wolfiefan Mon 19-Sep-16 17:10:19

So sorry. Meant to add that I hope she's home really soon!

SnowBallsAreHere Mon 19-Sep-16 17:19:03

Thanks. She is chipped and neutered too.

I'll get the kids to find a nice photo and come with me to start asking around the village

Hope she came home OP.

Put posters on trees and lamp posts and leaflets through letterboxes. Good luck

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 22-Sep-16 17:59:32

We just buried her.
She had been hit by a car.
sad

RubbishMantra Thu 22-Sep-16 18:09:04

Oh God Snow, how sad. I'm so sorry for your loss.

Oh no. I'm so, so sorry.

allsfairinlove Thu 22-Sep-16 18:11:15

I'm so sorry SnowBalls flowers

Vinorosso74 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:43:26

Oh no how awful. So sorry

Mybeardeddragonjustdied2016 Thu 22-Sep-16 20:46:51

Ah so sorry. . Small consolation I know but at least you got the chance to say goodbye and nothing else bad can happen to her. That was always my worry when mine went missing. Awful stuff in the papers all the time. Have some pics printed and get them up around the house.

timtam23 Thu 22-Sep-16 23:08:49

Oh how awful, I'm very sorry flowers

OlennasWimple Fri 23-Sep-16 02:39:30

So sorry flowers

How is her brother doing?

SnowBallsAreHere Fri 23-Sep-16 16:03:46

Thank you.
We are glad that atleast we had a chance to say goodbye.

But all missing her terribly and giving her brother lots of attention and hand feeding him, or he won't eat.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now