Christmas scratching tree and kitten pic just for fun

(8 Posts)
Potentialmadcatlady Fri 16-Sep-16 16:37:43

So despite me already having a very tall scratching post with three beds it has quickly become apparent that it's going to have to be replaced with one with larger beds... My one is a bit wiggly for three active indoor cats/kittens and for the sake of my sanity it's going to have to be replaced or I am going to be addicted to Valium ...it took Madcat Devon all of three mins to claim the top bed on the scratcher so need to find a good strong sturdy one designed for a VERY active climbing monkey and two slightly less active cats..
Would like one with a large hammock type bed that's quite tall...going to save up and order for Christmas ( if I can last that long- doubtful) and donate the original one to local cat rescue.. Anyone got any suggestions??

cozietoesie Fri 16-Sep-16 16:56:58

Are you going to last 3 months? grin

cozietoesie Fri 16-Sep-16 16:58:37

Quite gorgeous by the way. What a 'devil-take-you' look in those eyes! wink

Potentialmadcatlady Fri 16-Sep-16 17:01:22

I doubt it but need to save up! My heart is in my mouth every time she launches herself at current cat scratcher...need one suitable for a Bengal I think....
It's hard to get a decent photo of her awake and still because she doesn't stay still when awake.. She's a right little madam already and we are falling in love with her very quirky ways...

RubbishMantra Fri 16-Sep-16 17:26:31

She is so pretty! That "grumpy Gremlin expression! And their climbing skills are amazing, mine can run up his extra tall scratching post, swing round, then run down head first, like a squirrel.

Have you tried tightening the screws on the current wiggly cat tree? And attaching it to the wall with an L shaped brace/bracket? or you could be creative and put some deep (30cm) shelves on the wall with carpet off-cuts glued to them, so the cats can jump from one to another, in a step formation.

Potentialmadcatlady Fri 16-Sep-16 17:43:20

Long story but the original scratcher came with the wrong screws and I 'fixed' it well enough for sick not very active cats but it's not up to the job for Madcat.. We in rented so unfortunately can't put too much on walls- well I could because landlady wouldn't mind- knows all about my animals- but I would rather not just in case...
Hanging off the curtain poles is today's favourite activity...

EachandEveryone Fri 16-Sep-16 19:43:48

I saw some fantastic ones on Homesense made in Canada. Unfortunately they don't deliver.

WeirdAndPissedOff Fri 16-Sep-16 23:47:08

It doesn't have hammocks, but this one has been fantastic for our 5: m.thesportshq.com/confidence-pet-presidential-cat-tree--grey.aspx

(Sorry, not sure how to link properly yet).
It has 3 shelves and 2 boxes, dangle toys and scratching posts that they actually use! And it has been able to withstand our 6.5kg cat's weight.
It's also not too expensive - the one linked there is on offer for £43, can't recall where we got ours from but we paid around £40.
The only downside is that Beastie cat has declared it Hers, and will smack the other cats on the head if they dare to use it whole she's looking.

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now