Kitten rolled in fox poo

(22 Posts)
MilesHuntsWig Thu 15-Sep-16 17:50:06

Omg the stench... I've bathed him once but he still smells of it. Any tips to get rid of the smell?!?!

Also, does anyone else have experience of similar? I didn't think cats were into that sort of thing...

SnowBallsAreHere Thu 15-Sep-16 17:52:46

Ketchup is supposed to help.

PikachuSayBoo Thu 15-Sep-16 17:53:03

Ketchup is meant to work well?

Sugarpiehoneyeye Thu 15-Sep-16 17:59:46

Yes, tomato juice, this is what they use in America, if a skunk strikes !

SecretNutellaFix Thu 15-Sep-16 18:09:31

Ketchup is recommended for dogs who roll in it. Should work for a cat too.

MilesHuntsWig Thu 15-Sep-16 19:27:04

Eh? Oh ok... So I just slather him in ketchup and wash it off? Thanks for the tip.

Wish me luck, what could possibly go wrong...?!

SecretNutellaFix Thu 15-Sep-16 20:57:03

Are you still alive?

allsfairinlove Thu 15-Sep-16 21:07:08

Not wanting to derail -- op, I hope Tom ketchup works! -- but can anyone enlighten me as to why dogs and cats roll around in fox poo?

WeirdAndPissedOff Thu 15-Sep-16 23:01:32

Hi op - I hope the ketchup works, and kitten doesn't make too much fuss! Failing that you can buy dog shampoo designed to gt the smell of fox poo out - it might be worth looking to see if that is suitable for kittens if the ketchup doesn't work?

LizzieMacQueen Thu 15-Sep-16 23:03:28

allisfair I heard it was to disguise their own scent so that the fox doesn't come hunting for them.

MrSlant Thu 15-Sep-16 23:07:30

You need some of this, it's aimed at dogs but I imagine it removes the vile stink from any kind of animal coat. I am a bit tickled that your little kitten had a lovely roll in it though, probably thinks it smells like the best kitten in the whole wide world in it's head right now grin. Be thankful you've never had to remove your whippet puppy from inside the rotting carcass of a seal.

allsfairinlove Thu 15-Sep-16 23:09:40

lizzie thanks -- oh wow... I didn't realise foxes were so feared.

WeirdAndPissedOff Thu 15-Sep-16 23:51:59

That's interesting to know, Lizzie!
Apparently mine didn't get the message that foxes are meant to be scary - we caught her chasing a cub earlier this year and had to grab her before Mum fox spotted her!

MilesHuntsWig Fri 16-Sep-16 06:45:57

I'm still alive, but largely because I'm a coward!! I've waited until DH got back from his work trip to help me! So this is now today's challenge... Have taught DD the smelly cat song from friends so it's not all bad.

Thanks loads for recommendations everyone. Loving the subtle packaging of that animology shampoo!

MilesHuntsWig Fri 16-Sep-16 06:46:48

And MrSlant that is just awful, how on earth did you deal with it?!?!

MrSlant Fri 16-Sep-16 17:17:56

Well the one thing about finding dead seals is they tend to be right by the sea grin. That went down well.

Took about a fortnight for the smell to go totally though. My poor car.

LOVE the smelly cat song.

MilesHuntsWig Sat 17-Sep-16 18:49:14

Ok tried the animology shampoo in the end and can confirm the little blighter is less stinky. Thanks everyone!

MotherFuckingChainsaw Sat 17-Sep-16 19:14:26

I'm guessing dead seal smells a lot like dead dolphin?

I can't forget that smell. <boak >

MrSlant Sat 17-Sep-16 22:20:10

Yeah, well rotted sea creature, actually makes fox poo seem like a valid option grin.

MilesHuntsWig Sun 18-Sep-16 09:28:40

Wow.... First time ever I've been pleased we live inland!

MilesHuntsWig Sun 18-Sep-16 09:28:43

Wow.... First time ever I've been pleased we live inland!

Soubriquet Sun 18-Sep-16 11:17:46

I had a dog who rolled in a dead rotting fish

envy<<<<not envy

That took a few washes to get rid of

Join the discussion

Join the discussion

Registering is free, easy, and means you can join in the discussion, get discounts, win prizes and lots more.

Register now